STARTING POINT.

“ This doesn't look right. ” Raphael muttered as they turn the globe around. Across the sphere was a multitude of gold spots, blinking in and out of existence.

“ Why is this one red? ” they questioned quietly, focusing on one particular dot that was colored a bright red as if signaling some sort of trouble. Raphael continues to observe the red dot, much to their growing confusion. In their time of monitoring all the leylines of the universal, not once have they encountered a red dot.

Raphael had tried to rack up any information about this particular occurrence but came up fruitless as no questions were answered. Sighing exasperatedly, Raphael to the last possible solution. One that they did not want to use but needed to know.

“ Hey, Ezekiel, uh, I need your help. ” Raphael calls out to the space above them. Only silence answers them, like any other time as Raphael's room was void of anything. But they know that the former had heard as Raphael could feel the slight shift in reality as a green swirl appeared.

A figure dressed in green and white clothes jumps out with such excitement if any less evidenced by how they howled Raphael's name.

“ RAPHAELLL! ” the being tackles Raphael who lets out a strangled cough despite being able to handle the impact that is their older sibling. “ You called for me! My baby sibling is finally asking for help! ” Ezekiel roars with blaring laughter at his sentence. Raphael deadpan at him, sending an annoyed glare towards their sibling. With a swipe, Raphael pushed him off. Ezekiel whined pitifully and then smiles mischievously.

“ You say as if I have never asked for help. ” Raphael narrowed their eyes accusingly at the older being, who blink at them with an innocence that could beat a child.

“ You don't! ” Ezekiel reply with the same look on his face. Raphael stares at him long and the look on his face still doesn't change. Heaving a sigh, Raphael pinches the bridge of their nose, feeling the incoming headache that is their sibling while Ezekiel's childish laughter ran in the background.

“ Anyway, back to business. ” Raphael waves off the flutter of snow that Ezekiel had blown to their face. They really can't believe this is how Ezekiel acts while out of duty. “ I called– please stop that. It's not even winter yet. ” Raphael pleads, swiping their hand to smack Ezekiel who dodges it with a playful smile. Raphael huffed in mere exhaustion as their eyebrow twitched.

“ I called you here because I don't understand what this is. ” Raphael finished as they point at the red dot on the globe. Ezekiel leans down to see it, humming at the anomaly. Raphael was fidgeting slightly in a show of anxiety. Did they do something wrong? Did the leyline of one of the universes break? Is Raphael even suited for a job like this? Maybe it was a bad idea to–

“ Oh, no, no! This isn't anything bad! Not at all! ” Ezekiel's statement pulls Raphael away from their internal turmoil, eyes broadened in surprise. Ezekiel flashes a confident yet comforting smile as he touches the red dot. Sentences appear hovering above the globe as Raphael begins to read it.

With every passing year, the universe shall be reconstructed. With every passing year, the universe shall link their own to witness them. . . ” Raphael subconsciously read, eyebrows furrowing at the words. Whatever this is, Raphael figured that it was some sort of prophecy or a ceremony of similar. Still, being the one inexperienced in this field, Raphael can't help but raise their eyebrow.

“ What does this even mean? ” Raphael asked as the sentence disappears. Ezekiel hums a tune before perking up at the question, his smile full of mirth now. He takes a few steps back, excitement coursing through his vein. The shine in his eyes keeps Raphael from focusing on anything else but himself. Ezekiel spread his arm out wide and laughs.