Sculpture Garden With Simon Gallup

Requested by miracle_aligner505

Reader x Simon Gallup
*Fluff*
On a balmy summer day, Simon takes Y/N somewhere they have never been before, a beautiful sculpture garden tucked away in the countryside.

Soundtrack: No Myth-Micheal Penn

"What if I were Romeo in black jeans?"

        "Y/N! Come on!" Simon clasped your hand tightly in his as he tugged you onto a path that cut through towering cat grass and scattered bright yellow cone flowers. The cat grass tickled your arms as you felt the warmth of Simon's hand around yours. A smile brought on by pure excitement was plastered upon his face as his pace increased, pulling you along, the coneflowers blurred as they seemingly flew past you. Your hair blew behind you as you stumbled along with him, coming closer to an upcoming clearing.
"Simon! Slow down!" You giggled "You'll pull my arm off!"
"Oh, I wouldn't want that!" his fingertips tickled your palm as he let his hand slip from yours. He continued to run ahead, eventually coming to a stop in the middle of the clearing, "Come get a look at this Y/N." 

You made your way into the clearing and came to a stop next to Simon, who stood there in his black jeans and scuffed boots, staring in awe at the figure before you. The glint of the brass sculpture caught your eye right away, a carefully crafted depiction of a soft bellied woman staring into the distance, her hair braided and wrapped around her head. The woman stood out against the blue sky and the lush meadow which stretched out endlessly far behind her. The details present in her somber expression were enough put you in to a trance, your eyes examining every small feature. For a moment, the only sound that could be heard was the whisper of the leaves in the trees near the edge of the sculpture park and the occasional talkative bird, chirping away.

"Now this-" Simon's voice cut through the quiet rustle of the trees, wrapping his arm around your shoulder and pulling you close, "-is beautiful." His head rested against your shoulder as you stood in the awkward position, giggling softly, returning the favor, lacing your arm around his waist. The dorkiest smile was plastered upon his face, his dreamy eyes lost in the sky above you. He was too lost in the moment to realize you were now drowning in his nest of hair. You attempted to blow it away softly, but it ended up in your mouth.

" Pfff, Simon, Pffff." There was a sudden eruption of giggles as he pulled his head away. That big, beautiful mane of his had a mind of its own. A pinkish glow spread across his cheeks as he frantically ran his hands through the mess of hair. He pushed a final strand away from his black lined eyes.

"Enough of that then, onward!" he said, taking your hand and leading you to the path again, his pace slow this time. Patches of purple lupine and pampas grass tickled your side as the path began to narrow. You began to wonder what this next sculpture could be as Simon led you deeper into the meadow, strolling past small groups of droning bumble bees and a stray dragonfly, it zipped around in circles, eventually coming to rest on a blade of grass. Soon enough, the path morphed into a clearing once more. Tugging on your arm once again, Simon escorted you directly in front of another brass effigy, whimsy in his eyes. He let his hand slip from yours as he knelt down onto the grass. His strong hand then patted the patch of grass next to him, beckoning you.

"Won't you join me Y/N?" He asked in an exaggeratedly posh manner, broken up by a goofy chuckle. You sighed and lowered yourself onto the grass, your hands pressed into the earth as you moved into a comfortable position.
Coming to rest, you craned your neck to view the piece of art directly in front of you. Your eyes grazed the group of bronze cherubs frolicking, seemingly in circles, their delicate bodies frozen in time above you.

Suddenly, there was a warm weight in your lap. Breaking your gaze from the sculpture, there was Simon, his head resting on your lap, eyes lost in the infinite sky, as usual a goofy smile on his face. A faint smile appearing your face too, exhaling, your shoulders finally relaxed. A dozen monarchs fluttered in your stomach. Bliss came over you as you brought a delicate hand to his head, stroking his hair, lost in childlike wonder.