Chapter 9

You were giddy to say the least. Michael hadn't fully agreed to the new living arrangement. He had been feeling very cooped up though and having a second place would make it easier to refine his skills once again. He stared at the wall lost in thought while his human ran around behind him packing things into the feed bag. Their mind had already decided that the large man would be moving in. Was this part of manic thought after a depressing day? Maybe, but you didn't care. All you thought was that your serial killer friend would be there all day everyday. A forever sleepover.

Michael finally grabbed your shoulder forcing you to stop. He shook his head. "You don't want to live with me?" You asked with the saddest eyes you could muster. Michael put a hand up as if to say stop. The man then grabbed a pad of paper and pen that you had given him. He wrote Not full time. At this you pouted. Why didn't he want to stay with you full time. It was at this point that you took a step back and calmed down.

You realized that it might be overwhelming for him since he isn't part of the public, he's a killer that is heavily hated by the town he resides in. Living in an apartment could pose a huge risk to his safety. The last thing you wanted was for him to get hurt or caught. You know that if he gets caught it would be game over and they would put him to death. You frowned, now dwelling on all of the downsides of having the notorious killer live in the second bedroom of the apartment. "Maybe it wouldn't be the best idea..." You said looking down at your feet. Michael nearly had whiplash from how quickly your mood had just shifted. He really didn't understand how humans emotions changed so often and so much.

He wrote down "practice" and tapped your shoulder to gain your attention. Sadly you looked at the paper and nodded. While you understood that the man wanted to have time to transition as well as hone his skills you also wanted to have someone at the apartment all the time. Kicking a rock near your foot as you pouted knowing you weren't about to win this fight. Deciding that the atmosphere was a little too depressing you tried to make a joke "So I have to keep coming to the smelly rat man lair?" They looked up at him with a mischievous glint in their (e/c) eyes. In return he flicked their forehead. "Ouch" they replied. "You realize that your flicks are like actually painful right?" To this the killer just shrugged. He sees it that if you are choosing to be in the same room as a ruthless killer you should expect some level of pain.

At this point you had decided to get ready to head home. You would have to come up with a game plan for getting the killer into the apartment. Luckily the apartment doesn't have a lobby entrance and instead it was a building that has a door right off of the parking lot. You texted your old roommate asking when they'd be moving out. They had responded by saying that it'd be in about a week. "Okay so we have about a week to decide how we are going to do this and what you want to bring." You said.

authors note: hey guys I've had three deaths in the past week and I'm having a lot of trouble processing it all. I'm so glad that you all love the story and I will try to keep posting regularly but wanted you all to know why a few might be late.