Chapter 10

You bit your nails while intently looking at the moving people taking things out of your roommates room. The days were counting down and to say you were anxious was an understatement. With each item that was removed your friend was one step closer to moving in. It was exciting and terrifying all at once. Three more days and this person that you barely knew would be out for good. You had already bought a few things from ikea for the room, mostly a dresser, and a desk. Did you know how to put them together? No. Would you probably tell Michael that since he doesn't work that he can put them together? Yes. They figured that since he seemed to be fairly crafty that it might be fun for him, like a puzzle.

"Hello earth to (y/n). I was asking you something." Your roommate waved their hand in front of you trying to get your attention. You shook your head and looked at them "Hm? I wasn't paying attention." You told them

"Yeah I know. I was wondering if you want to adopt Pumpkin Pants. She hates traveling and I thought since she knows you that she would be happy living here." They explained. "Oh yeah yes of course I can. She's the prettiest ragdoll cat I've ever seen." You replied happily looking at the orange and black fluffy cat sunbathing on the couch. You hoped to whatever entities were out there that Michael would like the cat and not eat the cat. You knew very well that he had eaten rats and dogs before. "Thank you so much for keeping her. I'll leave all her stuff with you." They gave you a small hug and went back to directing the moving men.

Back in the man cave the infamous killer sat reading the newspaper that his human had brought him. He felt the need to keep up with what was happening in the outside world in order to better sneak his way from place to place. He had already been planning out how he would make his way over to the apartment without being seen. The man also wondered what an apartment was like to live in. In all honesty the killer had only ever lived in his childhood home and psychiatric hospitals. Neither were very happy places. A feeling that he recognized as anxiety had bubbled up. His childhood hadn't been happy and he could still hear the screams of others in the hospitals.

Nights were filled with terror. Even as a child he had been put in with much older much worse offenders. He had killed his sister and he knew that. He knew it was wrong but he couldn't change the past. He brought her home whenever he could on Halloween. Without realizing it he had ripped the newspaper in half. Michael huffed and threw it on the ground. The man had a difficult time with those memories. Laying down on a bed of blankets that his human had given him he decided to try to sleep away the anxiety of living in such a mundane place soon.

At the apartment your roommate had gone out for the night. You looked at the nearly empty room and heard the small meow. Turning they picked up the fluffy cat and petted her head gently. "In less than a week you get to see your new daddy..." You said and caught yourself. Why had you said that? It had to be just trying to baby talk to the cat right? He was just a friend, yeah a friend and that's it. You thought.