Chapter Two - Calix

The training grounds consisted of city replications and different environmental elements such as mountains, lakes, and even sand dunes. But sector 3C was just a flat area with measurements spray-painted on the clay ground. The sun was out, which was nice in all, but it made the air hot and humid. Calix was not one for hot and humid weather.

Shouta Aizawa, a man with long, dark hair and a face of pure disinterest, stood in front of the line of students.

"When I call your name, please step forward and explain your quirk. Then give a demonstration of the basic abilities. This goes without saying, but the only students being assessed today are the transfers." Calix didn't exactly understand why the other 14 students were there if the only ones being assessed were the transfers (minus Hitoshi). But he was at least a bit thankful because now he didn't have to keep answering their questions about his quirk. It had only been a day, but their constant inquisition was getting tiring. It was a small win, but Calix would take it.

"Amajiki," Aizawa read off of a clipboard. Alvaro glanced back at Hikumi as he walked forward. Hikumi gave him a thumbs up and a nod, and Alvaro rolled his eyes.

"Hi, I'm Alvaro Amajiki, and my quirk is time lag." I can manipulate time within a ten-meter radius of myself while I myself move at a normal speed." Calix was a little impressed at how level Alvaro's voice was. He hated public speaking, but Calix guessed that being able to show off a bit boosted Alvaro's confidence. He did have quite the ego. "How would you like me to demonstrate?"

Aizawa marked something on his paper and pointed at the line of students. "Someone charge him."

Alvaro spun around as a tall kid with glasses started to sprint toward him. Calix studied Alvaro closely, and he could see a slight tremor of panic ripple through his body, but Alvaro maintained a composed stance. The kid started to speed up, and once he came close, he leaped into the air, but suddenly he froze. It wasn't that he was actually frozen, but the difference in speed was painfully obvious.

The kid hung there, suspended by an invisible force. Alvaro took a step to the side and released the hold he had on the kid. Once the quirk was deactivated, the kid fell and landed right where Alvaro stood a moment earlier.

"Thank you, Amajiki," Aizawa said, marking a few more things before he looked up. "Kojinori."

Calix took a step forward and clapped Alvaro on the back as he passed him. He started to explain his quirk as Alvaro and the other kid took their places in line. "Hey, I'm Calix Kojinori, and my quirk is pyrokinesis. I can summon and control my own and existing fire."

To demonstrate, Calix took a step away from Aizawa and faced the empty space in front of him. He held out his right arm and, taking his left hand, swept it from his elbow to his wrist. Fire sparked on his skin and landed a few meters in front of him. He dragged his arm through the air, and the fire followed, growing in size. Calix glanced at Aizawa and brought his hand back down, diminishing the flames.

"Thank you. Next is Savachi."

Calix flashed Ayashi a smile as they passed, and she gave him a wink in return. Calix took his place in line next to Alvaro and watched as Ayashi readied herself. She stood with her back to the students and spoke only to Aizawa. It was as if the rest of 2A were merely onlookers. Which was probably the point of this whole assessment, but Calix liked to be included in things.

"Ayashi Savachi. My quirk is umbrakinesis." She spread her fingers out, and as if someone had poured oil on her head, her hair turned five shades darker. Almost jet black. Calix couldn't see it, but he knew her eyes had turned a similar shade too. Her hair started to float as she moved her fingers.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Mar 13, 2023 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

A Guide on How to Infiltrate a Class of UA Studentsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें