Chapter Two

Out on the street, it was pure chaos. People were rioting, holding signs with slogans like GIVE US BACK OUR MIXERS, and WE WON'T STAND FOR THIS.

Freddie watched, terrified, as a group of trucks rounded the corner onto their street. He and his father could only watch in horror as the trucks headed their way.

"D-Dad? What are those?" Freddie asked quietly.

Jake, his eyes glued to the oncoming trucks, replied, "Son, those are trucks full of whisks. We gotta go." He looked at his son. "Now."

They ran down the street, dodging rioting pedestrians, weaving through banners and signs and angry policemen who were trying to control the situation.

The sky was a dull gray, reflecting the mood of the civilians below. They could only watch as workers loaded hundreds of whisks off of the trucks, which glinted in the light.

Cars were on fire. A house exploded as father and son desperately ran, not knowing where they were going, but knowing that they had to get away.

Finally, they found refuge in an alleyway. As Freddie watched the trucks go by, Jake searched the dumpsters for any clues. Any evidence that could lead them to the culprits. A newspaper was stuffed under an empty water bottle, and Jake yanked it free. The headline read: PRESIDENT HAS TURNED OFF ALL STAND MIXERS? IS THIS THE END OF THE WORLD?

Jake looked up, his eyes wide. Freddie turned around. "What is it, dad?"
Jake grinned, a small laugh escaping his lips. "Oh, this goes all the way to the top," he muttered, stuffing the newspaper into his pocket.

As Jake was laughing to himself, reveling in his own success, Freddie looked up in horror. "Dad?"

Jake couldn't hear him.

"DAD!"

A gunshot went off, and Jake spun around. A woman was falling off of a roof, having just dodged a bullet. She had short pink hair and was screaming. Her attacker was nowhere to be found.

Jake rushed forward, catching her before she hit the ground. "Sorry to whisk you away like that," he joked as she opened her eyes and smiled at him.

"Thanks," she said, blushing as she climbed from his arms. "I was trying to find some answers when that guy shot at me."

Jake nodded, gesturing to his son as he said, "We're also trying to stop this. In fact," He pulled the newspaper from his pocket. "We may have just found some vital evidence."

The woman looked at the paper, her eyes widening as she read. "This is insane!" She looked up. "I'll join you. My name is Leah."

Freddie smiled up at her. "Nice to meet you, Leah," he said.

The two of them looked at Jake. He was staring ahead with a determined glint in his eyes. "We have to get to the White House."