MONACHOPSIS

Summary: Wednesday has never cared about belonging somewhere. She does her own thing unapologetically. Yet, you're over there, and she's over here. It's the first time she's ever felt out of place.

Warnings: Jealous!Wednesday. Wednesday generally being Bad At Feelings™️. Enid enjoying it too much. Thing, the betrayer. Wednesday hating on Xavier, as per usual.

⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷†⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷

There are very few things that make Wednesday Addams uncomfortable. She will certainly never let anyone know her full list, but there's no hiding this one. Wednesday isn't even sure what's making her uncomfortable.

It's not the fact that she's at a party held in the Siren's common room. A part of her regrets letting Enid drag her to this, especially since the blonde left her almost immediately when she spotted her stoner boyfriend. But another part of her is thrilled by being here-because of you.

It's slightly difficult to see you across. This party is not like the Rave'N Dance, chaperoned by adults and modest dancing.

No.

The lack of adults watching makes this a party of hormonal teenagers cramped in one space with dark lighting. The obligatory distance between people as they dance disappears, bodies grinding up on each other as the music plays so loud, Wednesday can feel the bass on her skin.

So, it's a little hard to see you across the room.

Wednesday clenches her jaw, her mind betraying her as she unwillingly wonders if she's uncomfortable watching the sea of bodies-her peers-grinding up on each other or if it's because you're on the other side of the room, nowhere near her as you lean against the wall with a red solo cup in hand and talking to Bianca.

Even though you're not following the masses in dancing, you look so mellow as you rest against the wall. You look like you belong.

It's too far, Wednesday distantly thinks.

You're over there, and she's over here.

And for someone like Wednesday, who has never singularly cared about belonging anywhere, she feels-out of place.

"Wednesday!"

Arms wrap around her before she can move out of the way. It's disheartening she's so distracted, so clumsy, that Enid can ambush her.

"Enid," Wednesday grouses, her brows furrowing as she tenses up but allows it in the end.

"Sorry," Enid pulls back, looking only slightly sheepish. "It's just all so exciting! Why aren't you joining in on the fun?"

Wednesday's eyes peer past Enid's shoulder to the mass of bodies. She can smell the sweat and practically feel the grime. "That's torture," Her eyes move back to Enid's smiling face. "And not the kind I like."

Enid doesn't say anything; her eyes move to the side where the punch bowl is, and her boyfriend is getting her a drink of Yoko's specialty virgin mix. His gaze finds her, and she waves at him as he gives her a warm smile.

"I think," Enid starts to say as her boyfriend returns to his task. "There's something else you could do you might find fun."

Enid is staring in the same direction as Wednesday, but she doesn't acknowledge it. In the same line of vision, Xavier is sitting on the couch by his lonesome, looking broody as usual.

"Keeping Xavier company isn't my idea of fun either," Wednesday dispassionately replies.

"Not that!" Enid exasperatedly replies. "Go talk to Maleficent."