Epilogue 1: First/Second Date Jitters

"This is really unnecessary."

"Don't move," Enid stops painting your nails for half a second to give you a look before resuming. "And don't blame me. Wednesday's the one who's all paranoid about leaving you alone."

You give a nervous chuckle.

You've only started returning to class recently after reviewing all the notes Wednesday took for you. You were lucky enough to be either given an extension on assignments you missed or given a pass since you were a stellar student.

Things are slowly returning back to normal. There had been plenty of gossip about Henry's expulsion. Of course, given his family's status, bail was posted, which his father immediately paid so his son could be locked in his own home. There won't be a trial as Weems was very firm about what would happen if Morrison Sr didn't work to take a plea bargain.

It was only two weeks in that Wednesday declared you were to meet her this Saturday at 7PM sharp, and if you were even half a second late...there would be consequences. You smiled at Wednesday, kissing her cheek at the time, thinking her antics were cute.

But unfortunately, with Saturday here, you find yourself unable to have a moment alone. Enid has been with you all morning, not letting you out of her sight for even a second. Not even when you went to the washroom.

"Are you sure you don't have anything better to do? I thought you were also supposed to be having a date with Ajax today. I'm just going to hang out here," you offer Enid. It's rare to see her without Yoko or Ajax.

Enid sighs. "No, it's fine. Ajax's been busy lately." Enid gives you a look, a quirk on her brow. "And you hanging out alone was why you got fairy-napped last time. Wednesday will erase my existence from this universe if I leave you alone here, even if it's in our room."

You can hear the forlorn dejection in Enid's sigh, and you look at her curiously. "Are things not going well with Ajax? I thought things were going well just a few weeks ago."

Enid scrunches her nose, seemingly trying to focus on painting your pinky nail. It's silent initially as the normally exuberant werewolf gathers her thoughts.

"It's not..." Enid sighs with mild frustration, letting out a puff of breath. "It's not that it's not going well. It just feels like we're...drifting. Ajax has his friend group and after-school activities, and so do I. All we seem to do when we hang out is make out, which, don't get me wrong, was awesome at first. But now..." Enid's voice drifts at the end.

"It's not enough?" You offer, and Enid reluctantly nods.

"Why don't you ask him on a date?" You suggest curiously. Enid was so outgoing; you couldn't imagine her not asking someone out if she wanted to.

Enid purses her lips. "Well, the thing is...I feel like I was the first to tell him I was interested and basically hinted he needed to ask me out on a date. I just want him to, like, take the initiative for once."

"I see," you hum, mulling over the blonde's answer. "Then, will you break up?"

"You ask really hard questions," Enid groans, gently setting your hand down now that she's finished painting your nails.

You study them, admiring the black nail polish with a white accent on your ring fingers. On the white nail, Enid had drawn nail art of wings in black. It was simple, yet you found yourself feeling joyful.

"Thanks, Enid," you smile at her, and Enid beams at you back.

"To answer your question," Enid puts away the nail polish and adjusts herself to sit more comfortably while you're careful not to smudge your nails. "No, I'm not going to break up with him. I just...I guess I'll need to talk to him first."