8

We return back to work and Maura is having another doctor, Dr. Bermam, do the autopsy. Christina tells me she is sorry and hugs me.

Christina I am going to the rest of the day off so I can rest some before I go to see my grandfather and tell him about his son and make funeral arrangements for him. Maura I already spoke to Janice to tell her I was taking the rest of the day off to help you. Thank you.

The two of leave to go home to have lunch and rest. We both changed our clothes and left to tell my grandfather who lives in a nursing home because he is dying from stage 4 cancer.

 We both changed our clothes and left to tell my grandfather who lives in a nursing home because he is dying from stage 4 cancer

Oh its you again. Yes it is. I have something to you Patrick. Just leave Jane. Patrick Maura and I will leave once I tell you about your son. What did my son do now to get arrested? Paddy my dad was killed. What do you mean? We were called to a site by the American River in a warehouse. He has been dead since last night around eleven and he was found this morning. This is why he wasn't here to visit me and pay my bill. I will pay your bill for now on. I was wondering if you like to come to make funeral arrangements with us. Maura no on both. My son insurance policy will cover my bill here and anything else I need. If you need anything, contact me. Patrick I am sorry for your loss. Now get out. Maura I don't know why you try. Jane he is my grandfather and my sister won't come and see him.

We say goodbye and at the front signing out when we hear someone screaming and say no Patrick.

A nurse and others run towards the screaming. We turn around and head back. Jane and I identify ourselves and we ask everyone to leave his room.

Maura what happened? I don't know but now its just me and Katelyn only besides our step brother, step sister and cousins. I will call someone to get him. Thanks babe
I will text my family.

Jane made a call while I text Katelyn, my step brother, Carlo and step sister, Juanita, and the other cousins letting them all know Patrick Sr. died too after Jane and I just left his room at the nursing home. Instead of one funeral , I will be making two. They all told me they were sorry. They asked if I needed help which surprised me in regards to Katelyn.
Katelyn told us all to come over for dinner. We stayed. Maura pronounced Patrick Sr dead at 1345 hours. We waited for the police, two people from the coroners office to get him. Maura closed his eyelids. We waited in his bedroom.

Diandra and Gina Khang arrived from the police department came to interview us and others. We answered everything and they said they were sorry to Maura about her dad and grandfather. They said the FBI and other law enforcement agencies were notified because now a power grab would be occurring.