Familiar Memories

Me, Nathan, and Mom were out in the woods looking for a tree to decorate for Christmas, and I love the snow. We made a snowman and snow angels, It's very soothing. But the snow brings back horrible memories from the night we turned into blood-sucking monsters. But part of me doesn't let it bother me, I often look out my window and stare at the snow falling slowly and for some reason, it calms me in a way I never thought it would. But I guess it's just the moodiness I have been feeling. Nathan stopped walking and looked around with a frown and sort of a scared look "Annelise.." he turned around and looked at me with the most scared look "Hm?" I mumbled questioning him "Doesn't this seem familiar to you?" I shook my head and looked around before realizing where we were...

Were in the forest from when we escaped the castle the night we turned...

Mom was confused by the sudden mood change "What's wrong you guys?" Mom had a confused look on her face from that question, Then Nathan spoke up "We've been through here before, centuries ago." Mom asked, "What do you mean?" I sighed "We walked through here on the night we turned after escaping the Noble's castle.." I shivered at those memories, I didn't know we were back here, I never thought I'd had to walk on the same path from Centuries ago "I'm sorry you guys, I didn't know." Mom hugged us both and we hugged her back as we sniffled. Somewhere on these grounds is where we grew up and where our old village was. Nathan, Mom, and I walked on the ground where the village was, I still remember where the house was. I remember burying something by the house when I was 9, I knelt down and started digging hoping to find it... and to my surprise, I found it. 

My old teddy bear a kind Craftsman made me for my 5th birthday, but I buried it because mom said to bury something that meant so much to me and to find it when I'd ever come home one day. I found a treasured memory I kept close, but something triggered a memory I thought I would never think about...

The memory of when my mom and dad gave me a quote the night before my 5th birthday...