Chapter One

The underworld is a dark place or so people think it is actually very bright. Well that is if you cound the fire as light.

You see I was born in this horrid place my father is the Soul Keeper of this place which means he runs everything. You may think cause he is the Soul Keeper that he is a bad father but you would be wrong. He 'protects' me in odd ways but he is always there for me. I didn't mention my mother because she left me and my father when I was born.

My mother was a magical and powerful being that lives in the heavens. Some may call her a saint or a goddess. Well she is a God, the God all life, but she fell for my father and they had me than she left. So I got some of her power and I don't know wht I can do.

Since dad is the Soul Keeper he is able to turn noble knights and people he deams worthy into Soul Hounters. Which are these loyal knights that do what ever my father tells them to. The worst part is you can hear the transformation happening in the form of blood curdling screams at all times.

He also stations some Shadow Hunters at my side at all times but those are only his most trusted hunters. Luckily for me his most trusted Shadow Hunter is a really nice guy by the name of Gene. Gene is my best friend he is my age and I have a huge crush on him but I am too scared to tell him and there is the fact that my father will kill him.

"Lily can you come here real quick!" My father shouts from his throne room. Throne room I know it's such a cliche thing to have but he wanted one so he got one.

"Coming!" I shout back. Once I get there I see Gene there.

"What's going on?" I ask scepticaly

"Well Gene here is going on a mission and will be gone for a few months and-"

"Can I go please dad I promise I will be fine?" I ask cutting off my father.

"NO! You will do no such thing you are safest here!" My father says raising my voice.

"But I will be with Gene and he can protect me!" I try pleading with my father.

I awnser is still no. He says in a frosted calm tone.

Than awnser me this who will watch me when Gene is gone you don't trust anyone else? I ask in a sassy tone.

"F-Fine you can go but..." He says turning to Gene. "If anything happens to her I am blaming you personally." He threatens Gene.

"Yasss!" I shout out of happyness

"Calm down Lils go get ready I will be there in a few minutes." Gene said and turned to my father.

With that I ran to my bed room and started packing and thinking. What if I meet her... I don't think I can face her even if I have never met her. Wht if it is as evil as Father made it seem. Or wht if I don't want to come back here when the few months. What if something happens to Fath-

My thoughts were cut off by a knock on my door. It was Gene doing our special knock

*knock*

*knock knock*

*Knock*

*Knock*

"Come in" I say loud enough for him to hear.

"Ready to go? I think it is best if we leave now since is is night there so u aren't to affected by the sun." Gene says but all I understood was that we are leaving in a few minutes.

"Ok but can I say goodbye to my father?" I ask a bit scared to be leaving the underworld.

"Sure I will be waiting here ok." He says sitting on my bed.

I walk back to my fathers throne room.

Hi dad Gene said that we will be heading out and I came to say goodbye but that feels far to formal so see you soon. I say hugging my father.

Well it hurts me to say but I feel you will do better up there than down here just remember I will always love you and I am watching sometimes so don't try anything or let anyone try anything with you and stay with Gene ok goodbye sweetie I will miss you. My dad whispered in my ear with tears in his eyes.

"Bye" I say walking out and to my room.

"Ready to go?" Gene asked getting off my bed.

"Yup." I say smilimg

And without another word we were on the surface and it smelled like I don't know what but it smelled good.

We set up this thing called a camp and went to sleep.