Chapter Three

RIAH POV

As soon as I turned the corner I leaned against the wall. Oh my goodness. Are all boys as charming as Jack? Are all boys as sweet? I might not have to worry about my future husband being mean and bossy if they are all like Jack. Jack Ridge, even his name sounds sweet. "Would your blush have to do anything with Cadet Ridge, Miss Riah?" I snap my head to the side to see Professor Marilyn. I blushed when I noticed the Principal there as well.

"No ma'am," I said quietly.

"Mmhmm. Anyways. Sargent Mathis, meet Riah Ambry. She's the top student here in my school."

"Really? Nice to meet you Miss Riah," I curtsied.

"My pleasure, Sargent Mathis."

"Sarg! Sarg!" We all turned toward the oncoming teen boy.

"What is it now, Cadet Moon?"

"Ridge and Wallace, they are in a fight again," he said, breathless.

"Criminy, those two," he rushed off the Professor right behind him. We started to follow.

"Mr. Moon?" I asked. He turned toward me.

"What?" he snapped at me, he looked me up and down as if I was a nuisance.

"Sorry for bothering you, but I was wondering if it was Mr. Jack Ridge in a fight?"

"Jack? He's always in a fight about something, it's all the boy likes to do. C'mon, come watch," he started walking a different way than I was going, "that wasn't a question woman," I stood up straight and followed him. We got to the fight just in time to see Jack get flipped onto his back.

"CANDIDATES!" all the boys but the two fighting stood at attention, "CADAT RIDGE AND WALLACE!" they instantly stopped fighting and looked at him, I was horrified. And based on the rest of the girl's faces they were too. We've never fought, we have a few will disagreements once in a while but we handle them with respect. They handle their fights with fists. I saw blood covering both boys' white t-shirts, their army camo jackets discarded on the ground a few feet away. I picked them both up and pulled the sleeves right side in. I didn't dare look at the boys, I don't like blood, but I'll deal with it. I put them over my arm as the two boys were led to the infirmary. I followed along, "Mr. Jack!" I called. He stopped and turned on his heel to meet me, his face void of emotion. Where is his smile? I mentally shrugged and gave him a small smile and handed him the two jackets, "you two left these," the Sargent and the other boy watched the exchange between us two. He nodded at me and took the two jackets.

"Thank you Riah," he turned around and kept walking, he handed the other boy his jacket roughly, and the boy snatched the jacket away from his grasp angrily. I frowned and looked at Sargent.

"Don't mind him Miss Riah. He's always like this for a few hours after a fight, especially with Wallace. He'll smile at you here soon though, it only takes him a little bit before he opens back up a little bit." I smiled at him.

"Okay, thanks, Sargent Mathis."

"Call me Sarg, Miss Riah."

"Yes Sir, bye Mr. Sarg," I turned to walk away but still heard his faint.

"Bye Miss Riah."

----------------- TIME SKIP-----------------

RIAH POV

We all sat down and waited to be excused to go through the buffet to get our food. I laughed as Marg missed her seat, "oh quiet will you, Riah," she said in a mocked angry voice. I just shook my head and looked at my clasped hands.