Chapter 34

I woke up to pounding on the hotel door which scared me because it was still dark out.

I threw on Kirks shirt and walked over to the door.

I opened it and peeked out confused to see Kirk.

"Kirk? Why are you out here"? I asked.

"You're a liar"! He shouted.

"What are you talking about"? I asked.

"Tell me what you really did. You stole drug money Dalia"! He yelled even louder.

"I didn't steal it. Dave did"! I yelled back defending myself.

"You don't have to be holding the gun to be a murderer"!

-

I woke up to a pair of hands grabbing me.

"Hey. Hey it's okay." Said a soothing voice.

I opened my eyes and saw Kirk.

He looked at me with a gentle smile, "You were just having a nightmare." He said tucking a lose strand of hair behind my ear.

I took a deep breath, thankful that it was just a bad dream.

He pulled me into a hug, "You're okay now. Right baby."

I nodded.

He kissed the tip of my nose. "What do you say we go get breakfast and give ourselves fuel."

"Yeah let's do it. Let me get dressed." I replied.

"Aww man. And I was really enjoying this view." Said Kirk tugging on my bra.

I leaned my forehead against his, "Oh you were"?

"Mhmm." He smirked.

I kissed his bottom lip, "Too bad. Unless you want me to walk out there in the dining area dressed like this. For everyone to see."

His eyes hardened and he shook his head, "No no no. That will not be necessary. Go put some clothes on." He said quickly.

I laughed as I climbed out of bed. I walked into the bathroom to brush my teeth and thought to myself.

Oh God. Why was I dreaming about being caught in a lie?

It had to be guilt. Kirk and I had just promised to no longer keep secrets from each other and here I was hiding another one from him.

I didn't realize how long I'd been zoning out until Kirk knocked on the door.

"No rush babe, but are you almost done." He asked sweetly.

"Yes one minute." I said as I quickly changed and threw my hair into a high ponytail.

I walked out of the bathroom and met Kirk out in the hallway.

As we stepped out into the hall we ran into Lars.

"Kirk have you seen James"? He asked.

Kirk shook his head, "I haven't seen him since like two days ago."

"I cannot find him. And I checked his hotel room and it's completely empty." Lars replied.

"He left? Where the hell would he go to"? Kirk asked.

"That's what I'm saying. And he's not answering any of my calls." Lars said.

"Maybe he just needed a couple of days. If has been a long tour." Kirk replied.

"I'll say." I added.

Kirk smiled and kissed my forehead, "Well the missus and I are gonna go eat. We will see you later."