The truth comes out!

~{Chapter 2}~[times skipped to nighttime]
Nia is in her apartment on her laptop, finishing up her article for Catco .
*Knock. Knock.*
When she hears an knock at her door.
and she knows exactly who that is. Hoping that it's Brainy coming to her the truth.
As she's about to go and see who's at the door.
Nia had another dream🌀vision✨... But this time it felt different.
She saw flashes of Brainy in her dream vision, showing her what she didn't see...

*Brainy talking to his female doppelgänger*"You must give up everyone, and everything that you hold dear

"You must give up everyone, and everything that you hold dear." His Female doppelgänger said out loud.
"Even Nia?" Brainy asked not wanting to hurt Nia.
His Female doppelgänger nodded.
"Till the world🌎has been saved. I'm Sorry."
His female doppelgänger said sadly.
Brainy looked down sadly.
*Brainy tells Winn that he's working with Lex, while struggling with his emotions for hurting Nia*
"I hurt Nia. And all I want is to be close with her again. But I have to be cold. And I'm terrified that I'm becoming the bad guy." Brainy said in tears💦while whimpering.
{End of her dream🌀vision✨}
As Nia opens her eyes up, she gasped at what she just dreamt about.
She sighed. As she looked at the door, and takes a deep breath, she opened the door🚪to see before her eyes...
Brainy!
Nia saw Brainy looking at her sadly.
He must be here to explain himself, like he said that he would. Nia thought.
"Brainy, You're here, I didn't think you show." Nia said surprised.
(Brainy sighed) as he looked Nia in the eye and said.
"I told you, that I was coming to tell you the truth. To explain everything And I mean Everything!" Brainy said softly while whimpering.
(Brainy wiped away his tears)
(Brainy sighed)
"So, may I come in?" Brainy asked dearly in a soft tone.
(Nia sighed)
*Nia's POV*
I knew that I couldn't trust him after what he did. But at least he showed up like he said he would. I guess this means Brainy really meant what he said to me before. And he's going to tell me everything. Including the truth. Maybe this will explain what my dream was trying to tell me.
She nodded.
Nia moved to the side, walking inside her apartment... and allowing him to pass though.
As brainy followed Nia inside. while closing the door behind her and going into the living room to talk.
Nia sat down on the couch... awaiting brainy to tell her the truth.
So all of the lying would stop. And maybe that, she would trust him again.
And forgive him too.
As Brainy began pace around the room while fiddling with his legion ring nervously.
he stopped and took a deep breath, he hesitated for the moment. As he closed his eyes for a split second.
He knew that what he was about to tell Nia... would change everything!
there's one thing that he couldn't calculate, and that's if she's forgive him. Or worst She'll never want to see him or talk to him ever again.
He sighed sadly.
As he went to sit next to Nia on her couch. As he looked her in the eye and was about to say...
Nia saw the look in his eye, and she could tell just by looking at him, that brainy was about to tell her everything. including the truth.

"Nia, I'm so sorry for hurting you like that. In the way I did it... Pushing you away. being cold and distant towards you.
That wasn't right of me to do that to you. I-I..." Brainy was about to continue on... Till he looked at Nia's expression on her face.

Nia sighed and looked annoyed.

Not wanting to hear this right now. She rather hear why he's working with Lex. Than talk about "Us".
And maybe she'll think about forgiving him for everything.
When She cut him off from finishing his sentence. And said.

"I don't wanna talk about Us! Just tell why you're working with Lex.
And maybe I'll forgive you..." Nia said as she crossed her arms angrily.

"Nia. Listen to me. I told you that I would tell you everything. And I mean EVERYTHING. And I don't blame you for being mad with me. You should be. Cause, what I did to you... Was Unforgivable. Which is why I came here to... make things right between us.
And to tell you why I had to work with Lex. What I said to you, The night I broke up with you. I didn't mean any of it.
Of course, I wanna be with you. Nia Nal. I always have. I just thought pushing you away was the right thing to do. To protect you, And to save the world by working with Lex to stop Leviathan. To prevent Lex from killing you and the others.
But that only made things worse. Right now. Right here. I wanna make it up to you." Brainy softly looking directly into Nia's eyes.

Nia gasped. Realizing that's what her dream was trying to tell her.
You see this is why she needs Brainy to help her interpret her dreams😅. And the way he said it. She knew that Brainy truly meant it.

"This whole time, I thought the reason why you broke up with me, for hurting me, pushing me away, was because you stopped loving me. And then, right when you got here. I had a dream🌀flash✨of You talking to your doppelgänger and she said to give up everything and everyone.. Including me. In order to save the world🌎. And also, I saw you talking with Winn Seeing you struggling with your emotions, just hurting inside... for wanting to be close to me again. But now, what you said... I think that's what my Dream was trying to tell me."
Nia said softly.

Brainy couldn't believe what he was hearing that Nia dreamt about that just moments after he arrived at her door...
But he was glad that she did... To see what he had to go through. Hiding his pain while struggling with emotions.
Now that his personality inhibitors are off.

He felt like he was about to cry an river of tears💦.

"Nia, you know that I would never stop loving you. I love you with every fiber in my body.
To prove to you that I truly mean it... I choose your side and my friends side. Where I should have been from the start.
To take down Lex and Leviathan together!" Brainy said.

"Brainy. I-I...
Nia paused.
*** she was at a lost for words.
But she knew that she wanted her tell him the same thing.
But, he still hurt her. Despite his reasons for it. And trying to make up for it.

"Okay, fine. I'm glad that you told me the truth. All of it. Brainy. I appreciate it.
And I forgiving you. don't expect the team to forgive you right away. Like I do. I'll take some time...
And we'll talk about Us when this is all over. I'll come with you to tell the team tomorrow!" Nia said lovely.

Brainy nodded. "Thank you. Nia Nal." He said with a slight smile.

{To be continued}