Chapter Four

WildThorn carried the tom back to camp, HollyStar nowhere in sight. He dropped SkyRusstle down in the clearing, cats starting to gather. HollyStar stepped out from her den, '..WildThorn what happened here?' She met beside WildThorn. "Coyote attack, we should.. Speak about that in the gathering tonight." HollyStar blinked, dipping her head momentarily. 'Right.' She sat down, only to hang her head low. The warriors started to clear but some stayed, sitting down as well. WildThorn sighed and sat down beside HollyStar to comfort her. Soon enough the moon started peaking, HollyStar standing up and hopping onto the log. '.Before we all head out to the gathering I must appoint a new deputy.' Cats gathered around again, WildThorn shifting his position to her. 'This cat might've started out rough but from the beginning I knew they were destined to become my successor. WildThorn, will you accept this position and protect GladeClan, even if it costs you your life?' She gave him a smile, the tom nodding. "I do, HollyStar" She hopped back down onto the ground, 'Then may Starclan guide your path, even when I'm gone' WildThorn stood back up, as she flicked her tail. 'Now, let's head out, those who are staying to guard camp, stay vigilant.' With that, the cats headed out to the gathering site.