Chapter Five

WildThorn sat on a stump with the two other deputies, ignoring some odd stares they and their clan members gave him. HollyStar stepped up onto the dirt mound with the other leaders. Soon enough a new shecat approached with a tom, he never knew her well but at least understood her name was DarkShine. The shecat pushed past him and the other deputies, taking her spot on the dirt mound, while the new deputy politely sat beside WildThorn. 'We might as well start the gathering, who is going to start?' He heard her speak, keeping his eyes focused on his paws now. 'I can go first, RidgeClan has been doing poorly, ever since the attempt to overthrow me, MottledClaw has been stalking our territory. I assure you that we will deal with him as best as we can and any inconvenience given to you by him will be our fault.' He could hear an inaudible mumble from the cat next to him, as WoodStar spoke, a scarred pale shecat. He never saw her before, she must be a new deputy as well. The tom motioned towards the cream cat beside him, as he spoke up. 'ThicketClan has been fine, since the recent passing of IvyStar, I had taken over. Please refer to me as CreamStar, and welcome our new deputy SnakeBelly.' The cats took a moment to dip their heads for the fallen leader, WildThorn doing so as well. He then picked his head back up and glanced over at the shecat beside him. She seemed more calm and collected, instead of confused and deep in thought like earlier. DarkShine took no hesitation and just spoke, 'MoorClan has suffered the loss of our leader, deputy, an apprentice, and two warriors. Please refer to me as DarkStar, and welcome ClamSpots as MoorClans new deputy' WildThorn glanced up at her, she seemed off. Most leaders would be mourning the loss of their leader but she seemed so calm. He then focused on ClamSpots who sat like he was the best cat ever, although he was oddly charming... WildThorn lightly chuckled under his breath and focused forward again. He looked forward just in time, as an apprentice pushed past some cats and hopped onto the dirt mound. DarkStar pinned her ears, the tom suddenly speaking out. 'DarkShine is a liar! I openly saw her kill AxolotlStar with my own eyes! Don't believe anything she says!' The little tom hissed, turning around to face her with a snarl. WildThorn perked up, he knew something was off. The leaders gazed over at her with confused faces, CreamStar speaking up. 'DarkStar, is this true?' The shecat stood, unsheathing her claws. 'No, of course it's not! This apprentice is a lying mouse brain!' The tom hissed, 'She's telling lies, again!' DarkStar tackled the apprentice, both of them tumbling down the mound. She finally pinned him down, swiftly sending a blow to his throat. WildThorn felt as if everything slowed down, the tom staring at what she had done. A ringing filled his ears, as the air only grew colder around him. CreamStar took a deep breath, standing up. 'I think we all mutually agree you need to be exiled from your clan, rather you killed AxolotlStar or not, you killed an innocent apprentice, that's not what being a good leader is about.' Everything snapped back together, WildThorn putting back on his stern face, gazing up at HollyStar to confirm she was alright. She only gave him a brief glance, and curled her tail around her paws. DarkStar sheathed her claws, hissing. 'Fine, maybe I'm not the perfect leader you want me to be! Leave the young and annoying one to become the new leader!' She motioned to ClamSpots, who had already hopped onto the mound beside HollyStar. WoodStars fur prickled, 'DarkShine, leave. Now.' His voice was cold and stern as always. WildThorn sighed, watching the shecat sprint out of the gathering site. ClamSpots kept standing, 'I think this gathering should be called off, please follow me back to camp MoorClan, I will appoint a deputy once we are back.' HollyStar nodded, as the tom left with his clan. '..Yes we should do the same' She took a deep breath, WoodStar hopping down without a word and leaving with his warriors. CreamStar gave HollyStar a reassuring smile. 'I bet the clans will be better off without her HollyStar.' She nodded, 'Mhm..' WildThorn met beside HollyStar as she hopped down. "Would you like me to lead?" She shook her head, 'No, let's just get back to camp and get some rest' She started walking away, CreamStar doing the same. WildThorn sighed and followed.