One - Entering Hell

I dropped down to the floor, suddenly panicking. Where the hell am I right now? In the prestigious school Blue Lock? Did the story just begin or am I in the middle...because if I started in the middle, I'm screwed.

I need to make the characters think that I'm pretty much useless in their attempt at making Amane Kumiko fall in love with them. The problem is...I'm one of her best friends.

I stood up slowly. "Calm down...Let's review the facts. I'm Kumiko's best friend, Kurata Yukiko. I'm the first person to get killed in the group of 4. However, if this was the start of the game, I still have 6 months. If I can befriend some people and slowly distance myself from Kumiko while not appearing suspicious...this could work...for now, I need to change as a person. After all, Yukiko was more like that pick-me-girl who is hated among the fandom. She isn't really important in the story line though, so thank goodness. I'll live a normal life as an NPC...That sounds so degrading."

Looking at the bathroom, I put some makeup products into the plastic bag and organized it and threw some clothes into the washing machine. A few of her clothes were too big for me, so I stuffed them into the plastic bag as well. Who knows, money may be important because in this school, you have to earn your own money. I slowly started turning the room into a study place and carefully inserted some books into their positions.

"I was in high school last year and now I am a second year in high school. Classes there are pretty easy," I thought, remembering the game's mini-games, one which included lessons from class. "The only hard parts are the math and science courses, and I'm ok in that so I should be good. After all, I definitely feel more motivated after realizing my situation." I glanced at the clock. 6:30...classes begin at 8. One hour is enough to finish renovating this place. I'll explore the campus for the rest of the 30 minutes.

Once I was done organizing my new room, I thought about my old life. I'm not sure what Y/N is doing right now but I am Kurata Yukiko. I can't worry about that anymore. I'm in a literal life-death situation here! I sighed...when could I take a break and just sleep, without having to worry about a goddamn thing? Then, I turned around to see the familiar, beautiful Amane Kumiko, looking shocked, however.

"Yukiko! I never thought you'd get over your girly phase! I'm so proud of you!" She giggled, teasingly, "Remember last year how you nearly failed all classes..." She sighed. "Now look at this place~"

I shook my head, remembering what Yukiko's personality was like, "Well, I was pretty stupid last year...As for you...you haven't changed a lot. You grew your hair though..." I pointed out.

"I'm glad you noticed! You've also finally woken up early so yay! New school year, new you?" She questioned, tilting her head. I understand why everyone falls in love with her.

"Yeah, right on the bullseye." I nodded.

She's so energetic and bubbly. Who wouldn't like her?

"Hehe, maybe I should be like you, Yukiko. What should I change about myself this year...I guess I will focus more on school as well, maybe even get a boyfriend, haha...I didn't get the best math grades last year. Yeah! Yukiko! Let's study together sometime!!" She pointed at me, with the best intentions.

"Don't worry, I'm fine. This summer, I actually worked hard, so don't worry." I gave her a thumbs up. She looked surprised, but smiled as she brushed it off.

"Ah well! That's ok. Let's meet up with Teruko and Takeshi! I'll wake them up. You go down to the cafeteria! Second floor." She raced out of there energetically. So much energy man...

As I went down the elevator and entered the kitchen, I could feel myself panicking. "It's fine..." I muttered, "high school is scary but you know the plot, so it'll be fine. I just have to either avoid them or befriend them. I probably should try befriending Anri, the school counselor and teacher. Also, I have to start doing better in studies. But, in the end, is there even a way to change the storyline? I've seen so many isekai movies and the character always accidentally ends up in all the chaos. Hopefully that won't be my future scenario...