Chapter 1

One week before the semi-finals, the Bellas started another day of rehearsal.

"Alright, Bellas! We have one week until we are at the semi-finals," Aubrey said as Beca walked in, looking pale. "You're late," she said to Beca.

"I know. I overslept this morning," Beca said.

"Are you okay, Beca? You don't look so good," Chloe asked, concerned.

"I'm fine," Beca let out a loud sneeze. "I don't understand. I went to bed fine last night, but now I-" she said before sneezing again mid-sentence.

"Gesundheit!" Aubrey said.

"I've been sneezing all day, and I don't know why," Beca said, sneezing again.

"It sounds like you may have gotten a cold," Chloe said.

"Well, now that you mention it-" Beca said before sneezing mid-sentence yet again.

"Beca, if you're sick, why are you even here?" Aubrey asked.

Beca sniffled, "You said if we miss one rehearsal, we'd be out of the group."

"Did I say that?" Aubrey asked, feeling ashamed. "I'm sorry if you took what I said the wrong way, but you can't perform if you're sick. Why don't you go back to your dorm and lie down?"

"Come on, I'll walk you back," Chloe said gently.

"And don't worry; I'll catch you up to speed tomorrow," Aubrey said as Chloe and Beca left.

Thirty minutes later, Beca and Chloe arrived back at Beca's dorm room.

"Alright, Beca, we're here. I'm gonna call your dad," Chloe picked up her phone and dialed as her sick friend called out the numbers.

"Hello?" Beca's dad answered.

"Dr. Mitchell, it's Chloe. Beca is sick," Chloe said.

"She is? Well, what's wrong with her?" Dr. Mitchell asked.

"She woke up this morning with a cold," Chloe replied.

"Oh, dear. Listen, I have another class to teach, but I'll come by her dorm to check on her afterward," Dr. Mitchell offered.

"Okay," Chloe said.

"In the meantime, why don't you go down to the cafeteria and get her some soup?" Dr. Mitchell suggested.

"Does she have a favorite?" Chloe asked.

"Chicken noodle," Dr. Mitchell replied.

"I'll get right on it," Chloe assured as she hung up. "Alright, Beca. Your dad told me to get you some soup. So, I'm gonna go to the cafeteria, and then I'll be back as soon as I can."

"Okay," Beca said.

"Your dad will come up here later to check on you," Chloe smiled.

"Thanks, Chloe," Beca said.