Chapter 2

One hour later, Chloe returned with a cup of soup and a spoon.

"I'm back with your soup," Chloe said as she entered the room.

"Please tell me it's chicken noodle," Beca groaned slightly.

"Well, it is your favorite," Chloe answered as Beca sat up in the bed to eat the soup.

"You're the best," Beca said.

"Alright, eat your soup and then lie down. I'll stay with you until your dad comes," Chloe said.

Two hours later, Dr. Mitchell arrived. "Beca, I'm here," he said. "How is she feeling?"

"She's been napping for the last two hours," Chloe replied.

"Alright, thanks for looking out for her. I'll take it from here," Dr. Mitchell said.

"Okay. Feel better, Beca," Chloe called to her friend as she left the room.

"Beca, wake up," Dr. Mitchell said as she did so. "You feeling any better?"

Beca yawned, "Hey, Dad. Yeah, I think that soup really hit the spot."

"I'll say. Looks like you ate it all right away," Dr. Mitchell chuckled. "Do you have any idea what got you so sick this morning?"

"Not really. I went to bed last night feeling fine, and then on my way to rehearsal, I started sneezing a lot," Beca shrugged.

"Well, maybe you caught something on the way over," Dr. Mitchell thought.

"It's possible. Hey, I'm not really sneezing as much now as I was earlier," Beca said.

"Well, that's a good sign; it means you're getting better," Dr. Mitchell said.

"Yeah. Dad, if you don't mind, I think I'm gonna go back to sleep. I missed rehearsal today, and I'd rather not miss it again tomorrow," Beca said sleepily, rubbing her eyes.

"Okay. Just call me if you need me," Dr. Mitchell said.

"Will do," Beca yawned as her father left the room.

The next day Beca showed up at the Bellas rehearsal feeling much better.

"Beca, you feeling better?" Aubrey asked.

"Yep. It's amazing what a ten-hour nap and a cup of soup can do," Beca said.

"I'll say. Come on; we got to get you caught up," Chloe said.

"Bring it on!" Beca said with confidence.

THE END!