chapter ten

"Hey loser," Cole said behind me as he wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his chin on my head waiting for me to figure out what I was looking for in my locker.

"Hey yourself," I laughed, grabbing my purple binder for physics, my first class of the day.

"Did you have a good night last night?" He whispered in my ear.

"I did I just don't remember falling asleep," I smiled turning slightly toward his face.

"You fell asleep around 3:30," he smirked,"and you snore."

"I don't not!" I said offended as I turned to hit him. He caught my hand, knowing exactly what was coming and held it at my side pinning me to the lockers.

"Yes BG you do," he laughed, "it's a cute little snore tho."

"You stayed up and listened to me sleep then told me I snore," I tried to sound offended but it didn't work when Cole lightly brushed his lips against mine, leaving me wanting more.

"I didn't listen for long. I fell asleep shortly after you," he assured me picking up my bag and taking my hand to lead me to class.

"Is it just me or are people staring?" I asked as we walked down the crowded main hallway.

"Of course they're staring," Zane said appearing out of no where to walk on my other side.

"But why tho?" I asked noticing the smile on Cole's face which made me smile too.

"Because the popular girl is walking down the hall holding hands with the pothead after he just kissed her against the lockers," Zane said in a matter of fact tone, "you know how kids are with all their judgements. They probably think you're fucking to be rebellious."

This made Coke snort laugh as my mouth popped into the perfect 'o'. Teenagers are assholes. We've walked down this hallway everyday together for the last four years and no one has paid it any mind. Now it's some big deal because we kissed in the hallway. I guess people thought I would fall subject to Zane before anyone else but I wasn't sleeping with anyone. I had never slept with anyone.

"Don't overthink it BG. They're all assholes," Cole spoke noticing how my brain was trying to make sense of everything.

"Yeah," Zane agreed, "I would be more worried about all the rumors we will get to hear at lunch."

"You know my reputation as a whore," I joked, "who knows rumor may have it we had a threesome or something this weekend."

Zane spit his Gatorade everywhere and Cole laughed at my remark.

"I hope you know I'm not correcting anyone," Zane said trying to clean the Gatorade off his face with his shirt.

"Fuck it. Let them talk," I said as I grabbed Cole by his shirt collar and pulled him down to kiss me in front of everyone.

"Jesus Matthews! What the hell did you do to her?" Zane asked Cole after my very public display, something that I would've never done with anyone else.

"I have no idea but I think I like it," Cole laughed, handing me my bag as I walked into my classroom and he went off with Zane to the Agri building.

"Did I really just see what I think I saw?" Shayla, one of my good friends who I didn't get to hang out with much anymore since she had her son last semester and only came to classes for the first two hours of the day asked.

"Unless we're both hallucinating," Jadyn, the only guy in our class of five chimed in, "I think we did see that."

"Y'all mean our little innocent Brooke laying one on Cole Matthews right in front of Ms. Sharon?" Natalie joined in.