chapter twenty-nine

Cole's POV

I fucking love you. The words replayed in my head. I really did love her, every single piece of her, from her beautiful green eyes haloed by her dark auburn hair to the broken pieces of her soul. She had hit me like a truck the day she walked into that stupid civics class I had accidentally ended up in because they made an error on my schedule; an error I owed the counselor a thank you for. We've spent the last four years as best friends with a special bond that always tugged on my heart and kept my head above water. I couldn't imagine my life without her in it; I could but it was dark and lonely without her bright soul there beside me. I would do anything, go anywhere, for her even if it meant leaving everything behind. She had become my reason to be better, my reason to not be the lowlife everyone expected me to be. Even tonight, as Zane offered me my own bottle of Jack, I had only had two shots before putting it in the kitchen. I wanted to be sober when I talked to her tonight.

"None of your fucking business," I heard Brooke say breaking my thoughts. Her voice was coming from my phone. I had forgotten to hang up.

"Someone has got feisty, that's hot Brookey." a guys voice said. What the fuck was going on.

"Looks like she is on her way to get laid," a different guys voice came through the phone. Something was happening and I doubted it was anything good.

"Of course you're already fucking him. I figured you would at least hold out until prom." I heard a familiar voice say as I got up off the couch to get Zane and Eli up. I didn't know where she was but we were going to find out.

"Not that it is any of your concern, but I haven't fucked anyone." Brooke again full of attitude showing no fear.

"Get the fuck up bro we gotta go," I said shaking Zane awake, "Brooke is in trouble."

"What?" Zane said, rolling out of his bed and throwing on pants as Eli walked into the room after I smacked him awake off the couch.

"Listen," I said turning up the volume of the speaker on my phone.

"Sure you haven't. You're just parading around alone dressed like a skank for no reason." Juan's voice came across crystal clear and Zane looked at me seeing the concern on my face and headed out to my Pathfinder with Eli behind us.

"Fuck you Juan. Excuse me Wes." Brooke's voice filled the silence in the car as I backed out of Zane's driveway a little too fast spinning gravel. Don't be nice baby, punch him in the mouth.

"I don't think it's time for you to leave just yet. Can't let that outfit go to waste now can we." The first guy's voice came back on the line. I swear I will snap his neck if he touches her.

"Don't touch me. Please move Wes." Brooke was pleading for him to move as I hit the pavement a little too fast at the end of Zane's dirt road making Eli slide across the back seat.

"Nah Brookey Sammy is right, that dress and those heels are so nice together. Why don't you give us a little dance?" Wes was saying. I tightened my grip on the wheel as I pushed down on the pedal.

"Why don't you go to hell. Get the fuck out of my way." Brooke's angry voice came back on the phone as I hit the main highway into town. She had to still be at the gas station getting gatorade. She was too fucking caring going to get us gatorade before coming over.

"Come on Brookey, you know you've always wanted us." a third unknown guy's voice taunted her. Like hell she did. If it was just one or two of them I'm sure she would've busted someone's mouth already but she must be pinned. The thought of some guys forcing themselves on her was making me see red as I slowed enough to see it was clear before blowing through the only red light in town.

"Maybe in your sick dreams, asshole." Brooke voice filled with rage.

"They say dreams have a way of coming true." the same guy said. No the fuck they won't.

"Juan make him stop." Brooke pleaded with Juan. I heard the fear in her voice this time.

"No, this is what you deserve." Was the last thing I heard Juan say over the phone as I slung the Pathfinder into the parking lot narrowly missing the asshole as I shoved it in park and jumped out with Zane and Eli following me. 

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" I yelled.

I grabbed the guy who was trying to grope Brooke by the shoulder and slung him to the ground. His two buddies didn't appreciate this much as the taller of the two swung at my face but missed and the other lunged to tackle me but was met with a clothesline from Zane. They all seemed familiar but I couldn't place any of them right off. The blonde guy I had thrown to the ground was up now as he snuck in a cheap shot to my jaw while I was avoiding his orge friend who was now getting his ass whooped by Eli.

"Who the fuck are you?" the blonde guy asked me before swinging at me again.

"Right now I'm your biggest problem. She told you no and you ignored her. Only pussies force themselves on women." I spat him connecting my fist with his jaw.

"You don't even know how much of a whore she is. Flaunting her huge tits all over the football bus with nothing to cover them up." he smirked, waiting for me to lose what little cool I had left,

"Brooke isn't a whore," I glared at him waiting to land the perfect hit and shut him up.

"I'm assuming you know how nice Brookey's tits feel in your hands and probably your mouth too but it's nothing compared to that tight little-" I didn't let him finish his sentence as I connected my fist with his mouth sending blood flying as he stumbled back and fell to the ground again.

"Baby are you okay?" I turned around and found Brooke by the bed of the pickup truck they were all around. She looked pale as a tear escaped her beautiful green eye and rushed down her cheek. Her eyes met mine as we heard the sirens from all the police cars pulling in.