two

☆ KENTRELL ☆

"Hi, Kayday!" Nick said happily picking up his God-daughter into a hug.

She giggled wildly as he spun her around and then put her down.

Kentrell looked for other people, Nick looking at his face with a grimace.

"If you lookin' for Ty, he decided not to come."He said softly and all Kentrell could do was nod.

That was his fault, he'd take responsibility for that.

It still hurt to not see him.

"You know he like to hold grudges."Nick kept on with an awkward smile.

"Yeah, you'on even gotta make an excuse."

They'd fallen out long after he and Nardo were finished but that break-up played a part in their friendship growing apart.

It played a part in a-lot of Kentrell's decisions pre-Kaydence.

His therapist would say the past had a place but you never forget its place you just make sure it stays in it.

"Kentrell, why eveytime I see yo child she dressed like a mini you?" Nick asked changing the subject and he shrugged.

"She'on like skirts and stuff, she barely let me put the bows in her head." He replied, placing a hand between her twin puffs.

"KayDay why you don't want no dresses?"

"Cause they're ugly." She spoke as if it was obvious and Nick frowned.

"But you look so pretty with them."

"And?" She continued and he rolled his eyes looking back at his long time friend.

"You basically got you a lil boy, huh?"

"You must think you more a girl than me, huh?" She said in his same tone and he smacked his lips.

"I'll throw you and yo Daddy out on the curb."

"We'a walk then." She replied sassily before Kentrell gently pulled her back by her hoodie.

"Stop talkin' to him crazy before I pop you." He threatened softly,  Nick's mouth dropping open as he smacked his arm.

"Do not hit her Kentrell!"

"She bein' disrespectful to you."

"She just playin',"He continued to defend,"Ain't you just playin'? " Kaydence nodded with her best puppy dog eyes making her father suck his teeth.

"Mmcht, I can already tell she can't be in trouble round you."

"And can't." He confirmed, grinning."You excited for this summer?" Nick asked the little girl as they put their bags in the car and Kaydence shrugged slightly.

"I guess."

"Why you guess?"

"I dunno."She shrugged,"I don't know no body, so there ain't nobody to play with."