three

☆ KENTRELL ☆

"Did yo ass know Nardo was over that camp?" Kentrell demanded an answer from Nick who avoided his eye contact, and face entirely. 

He sent Kaydence off to a bath and to get ready for bed banishing her from hearing the confrontation.

"........."

"I know you hear me talkin' to you!" He continued moving around the island counter to stand in front of Nick.

"Maybe I did, I maybe didn't-" The dread-head admitted sheepishly, his roommate groaning loud.

"Nick, bruh what the fuck!?"

"You the same one that said you wanted to mend bridges!"

"Yeah with my best friends not one of my fuckin' exes?"He sighed in exasperation, "Who you finna spring on me next, Joe? Ne Ne? Fuckin' Dominique?"

"Now we both know Dom was a fling-" Nick added in only to be cut off.

"That ain't the point, Nick. I was not ready at all to face Horace, to see him."

"I honestly was thinking in yo best interest." Nick said honestly, his face apologetic. 

He wanted to stay mad at his best friend, he really did but he knew Nick meant well and his anger just wouldn't stick.

"Next time nigga don't,"Kentrell rubbed at his eyes to try and scrub flashbacks of his ex, "He got the nerve to be looking good as fuck too."

The way Nardo conducted himself, the grill he had in, his fresh linen smelling cologne was practically burned into Kentrell's memory. His yearning for the man to be his again was becoming a tiny flame his conscious kept blowing out.

"How good scale one to ten?" Nick asked with a slick lip-bite leaning towards Kentrell. 

'A thousand'  He thought immediately, before shaking the thought away.

"Shut yo messy ass up,"Kentrell replied flicking his friend's forehead."I'ma grown ass man with a kid thinkin' about him like this is childish."

"Your therapist would not want you talking like that." Nick clicked his tongue disapprovingly, his friend twisting his mouth in response. 

"I think she would actually-" 

"Let's ask her then." Nick said reaching for Kentrell's phone who snatched it back.

"Can't, it's after her hours ."

"Didn't she say you could text whenever you needed her?" He inquired, Kentrell's phone beginning to buzz from a FaceTime call.

"You know what I can't even finish this conversation my baby mama callin'!" He answered the call with a smile,"Hey Mesh-"

"Where my daughter at?" 

"You free to speak back first, you know that right ." Kentrell spoke, Mesha rolling her eyes with a laugh.

"I'll talk to you after I talk with my baby." 

"Kay Kay, yo mama wanna talk to you!" He yelled then hearing the pitter patter of his little one's feet. She took the phone out his hand gently grinning at the sight of her mama.

"Hi mama!"

"Hey beautiful."Mesha cheesed back, "You been taking care of yo daddy like I asked?"

"Mhmm, I make sure he get 3 meals and water a day."

"Treatin' me like a dog, bruh I swear." Kentrell said in the background, walking away so they could talk alone. Both the girls laughed, Kaydence getting on the couch so she could get a better look at her mother.