Prologue

[PROLOGUE]

For a while I had been feeling low and alone and being a doctor I know it only meant one thing depression for while I worked as much as I could pulling extra shifts but the lack of sleep caused my depression to go into overload and I began to feel...

For a while I had been feeling low and alone and being a doctor I know it only meant one thing depression for while I worked as much as I could pulling extra shifts but the lack of sleep caused my depression to go into overload and I began to feel empty everything I was supposed to be feeling just wasn't there anymore. Taking over from Glassman in being head of Neuro became over whelming especially after my breakup with Lim everything just became too much.

As I arrived home I placed my bag down before sitting on the couch and bursting into tears because I couldn't handle any of this anymore crying into the the palm of my hands just hoping for all of this to be over when I stood up grabbing a notepad and pen as I sat down the tears falling from my eyes and trickling down my cheeks I began to write a letter to Shaun and everyone I cared about explaining why I was going to do what I am about to do. "Dear Shaun, I know that this is the cowards way out but I can't deal with this feeling of emptiness but at the same agony I've been trying to hide it, because I wanted to shield you because your different but that isn't a bad thing and don't let anyone make you think over wise your the smartest person I know and I love you more than anything but it's my time to go, Scott" I said as I placed the letter down on the table and headed to the bathroom.

And turning on the bath, before I grabbing a razor snapping off the end to take out the sharp razor inside looking at it as I grabbed my phone and texted Shaun "I'm sorry" I texted him before I placed my phone down on the bathroom counter and got into the tub.

Shaun POV
I was at work working with Park trying to find a solution to our patients case which began to seem impossible when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket so I pulled it out and stared at the screen it was a text message from my brother Scott saying I'm sorry which confused me "who is it?" Park asked as he looked up at me "it's Scott sending me a message saying he's sorry" I said not thinking anything of it.

"Sorry for what?" Park asked confused "I don't know" I said looking around me as Park walked over snatching my phone out of my hand and began to call Scott "why did you take my phone?" I asked confused "somethings wrong" Park said which confused me once again "what?" I asked "he sends you a text saying sorry and then doesn't pick up the phone" Park said grabbing his jacket "Shaun let's go" Park said shouting at me so I followed him until we reached the outside of the hospital "where are we going?" I asked still following him "Scott's Apartment" Park said as we reached his car "why?" I asked as he unlocked the doors to the car "I think somethings wrong with him Shaun, he's been quite, spending all of his time on his own and now this" Park said as he got into the car.

"Maybe he's just tired" i said as I got in "No Shaun" Park said as he started the car "we need to find an answer to this case" i said wanting to go back inside "dam it Shaun I think he's going to kill himself" Park said snapping at me which worried me "go go go" I shouted as Park sped off driving the car as fast as he could to Scott's apartment while I kept trying to call him as we reached the door Park kept knocking "Scott answer the door now" Park said angrily "he's not answering" I said which seemed to annoy him "stand back" Park said before kicking the door open and we walked in "Scott" Park said as he walked around until he reached the bathroom which was also locked.

So he kicked that door in also "omg" Park said as he ran over that's when I noticed Scott laid in the tub the water red with blood which caused me to freak out "Shaun" Park shouted but I felt overwhelmed "Shaun" Park said grabbing my arm "I need your help to lift him out" Park said as I walked over and between the two of us we managed to lift him out, as I grabbed some towels to stop the bleeding "hold on Scott we're going to get help" Park said as he rang for an ambulance "we haven't got time I'll drive" Park said as he lifted him up from the bathroom floor walking out as I stood there frozen "Shaun" Park said before I looked up at him "we need to go" Park said as I stood up and followed them out.

As Park drove to the hospital I was in the back with Scott as I looked down at him it reminded me of Steve and the day he died and I didn't want to loose another brother when we arrived at the hospital Park walked in with Scott in his arms "I need help" Park shouted "please" Park shouted again as Nurses and Doctors came running with a stretcher.