Part 3

Chapter 3

Today is the day !!!!!! I get out of the bed at 7 am and I grab the clothes I picked out (which are all black because modeling agencies prefer you in all black.) I go to the bathroom and take a much-needed 30 min shower. Put on my outfit which is a black leather skirt, a short-sleeved black sweater, and some strappy black booties. I put in my small gold hoops some gold bangles and my gold teddy bear pendant necklace. I flat-ironed my hair and bumped i. I did not put makeup on because they want to see your natural beauty so I just put on some clear lip gloss and some mascara. I grabbed my Chanel crossbody bag and headed out of the door. As I left I saw 2 girls coming down the hallway but I did not think much of it. I got in the elevator and when it opened I ran out the door into the streets of New York. "I Can't believe I made it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I scream at the top of my lungs. Some people look at me like I'm crazy, others laugh. I even saw a mother pull her child away. But I did not care I was in NYC. I took a TAXI to Victoria's Secret warehouse. When I got inside I was shocked by how many beautiful girls I'd seen. Then the two girls I saw at the hotel came up to me. "Hey babe you're gorgeous," one of them says. " Thanks," I say knowing that I'm not as half as pretty as they are. " Do you want to be friends?" The other one asks " Sure" I say " I'm Ava '' the second girl says she's Hispanic with curly dark brown hair, golden skin, and hazel eyes. She's about 5'10 and she's wearing stilettos. Her outfit is to die for a black short sleeve romper with a gold chain link belt. Then the first girl said, " Hii I'm Skye, didn't we see you at the hotel?" Skye was a white girl. She had blonde hair and greenish-grey eyes. She's about 5'11. She's wearing a black halter top and black leather pants. " Y-Yeah I did remember seeing y'all at the hotel. What a coincidence." I say. " Yeah totally, were in rooms 219 and 220," says Ava. " For real I'm in room 222," I say. " We should hang out." exclaims syke. Then a beautiful dark-skinned black girl " melanin queen!!!" with black box braids and this white girl with black hair and blue eyes came into the room. They came walking towards us. " Hi sissy I missed you so much, the white girl said running to Skye . She must be her sister. She was wearing a pair of black jeans a black crop top and a black jean jacket. She's about 5'10. " Oh I don't think we've met,'' she says to me. " Oh, I am Amari " I say " Oh I'm Serena, Skye's sister." " And I'm Brandy, " The other girl says she was wearing a black off-shoulder above the knee dress and a black leather jacket. Her braids were in a high ponytail and a pair of diamond studs. She was like 6'0. The older woman who was sitting behind the table behind a stack of papers (Which I assume are our comp cards) stood up and made her way towards us. " Ok ladies, we will start our session with walking. You will first walk by yourself then I will split you up into groups and have you walk in that group. Don't hide your personality, we want to know you for you. We are sure we'll love you!!!!!!!" She said looking in my eyes, I immediately broke contact. She took a step back from the group and scanned the crowd smiling. "I have a good feeling about y'all ladies, " She says as she walks back to the table. "Ok, first we have Skye Henderson!!" "Syke you're first!! Omg," we all yelled. Syke looked up and made her way towards the table... " Hi, Skye right?" "yes ma'am " "ok name, age, where are you from, and when did you start modeling?" As soon as Skye finished Serana was called soon after most of the girls left and there was only me and Brandi left. She calls my name and I go up there, Mari you got this !!!!!" yells Brandi, I laugh. I answered every question nervously. She then called Brandi and I screamed. Then she called us to walk. When it was my turn I got up, walked to the wall then sashayed my way to the table. When I got to the table I stopped, smiled, and blew a kiss. The woman smiled and whispered something to the silver-haired man she was sitting next to. By that, I knew they loved me.