Part 5

Chapter 5

The girls and I went to the Starbucks across the street. We stood in the line and there were about 5 people in front of us. We all decided what we wanted. Skye and I wanted Iced caramel frappes , Ava wanted peach tea , Brandi wanted dragonfruit tea, and Serena wanted strawberry lemonade. We decided on who was going to order the food and they all chose me . "UGH why!!!" I whined as I got up and walked up to the counter. There was only one person in line in front of me now. I heard the person behind the counter say " thank you for coming to starbucks and have a nice day!!" I ran a hand through my hair as the person in front of me left. I walked up to the counter and said "HI" "Hi what can I get for you." The boy says . He looks about my age, about 18 -19sih. He has curly black hair and blue- grey eyes. He's tall and lanky, about 6'1 . He has on for what I can see some black jeans, a blue and black flannel and a green starbucks apron. "Umm I would like 2 caramel frappes, 1 peach tea, 1 dragonfruit tea and 1 strawberry lemonade. I also would like 5 avocado toasts , and 5 Chicken wraps." I say as he taps on the computer behind the counter. Then he laughs and says " I would n't think you would eat all that by yourself." He looks amused. "Of course not" I say, "It's for me and my friends over there" I point to Brandi, Serena, Skye and Ava. They were looking at me anyway and so they waved . I turn around and smile at the boy. He smiles back at me flashing his white teeth and his dimples. DIMPLES he has DIMPLES!!! "Soo... Miss Pretty Girl ... what's your name?" He asks "Amari" I say with a smile "Mine is Joel" "We'll it's nice to meet you Joel" I say. "I haven't seen you around here, are you new?" He asks "Yes I just moved here yesterday . I'm starting school in 5 months. And I wanted to try out for the Victoria's secret fashion show." "Wow, did I just meet a famous model?" he asks "No not yet "I say" I see him checking out my body and his eyes light up. "Victoria's secret huh?" he asks "Yep '' I say popping the p . "Me and my besties' ' I say, winking at him. He reaches behind him and grabs the food, puts them in a bag and hands them to me . Then he disappears in the back for a while then soon emerges with our drinks. And he hands me my frappe. I hand him the money and he offers to carry the rest over to the table. I told him it's ok but he insisted. So we are walking to the table. I see the girls stop talking and look at us. We arrive at the table and I sit down with the food on the table and slide into the booth next to Skye. " Hi girls" he says "HI" the girls say in unison. A customer walks in and Joel sighs and says " I need to get back to work." " We were just leaving, " Serena says as we get up and head to the door. " Bye !!" I yell. We got outside and I just noticed there was a note taped on my frappe.