Chapter 3

(WARNING: Extremely lame)

Richie's statement made everyone shocked. Eyes went wide and jaws dropped to the floor. "What the hell- how did this happen?" Beverly asked. "Well, you guys remember that night last year when we went on that group study dinner at the diner? Well when Eddie and I started to walk back here, we saw a box. Something was moving and crying inside it, and when we went to look, we found Jo. There was a note from her biological mom that her dad had left them and her mom couldn't take care of her. So her name is Joanna Calliope Tozier, and her birthday is October 3rd, and she's currently about 18 months old. We've been secretly raising her as our daughter  since we found her that night. My parents know, but Eddie's mom doesn't know. During the day, she stays a with my mom since she works from home. That's why Eddie stays here so often. But that's our secret. Our precious little Jo."

The Losers watched in awe as Eddie kept holding his daughter. "Papa, Dada, eat?" Joanna asked, very politely. "Yes baby you can have something small, but you have to get to bed right after." Eddie replied. "Daddy!" Joanna held her hands out for Richie, flashing her babydoll eyes. "Oh my goodness you silly princess. Come on, let's get your snack." Richie laughed. Eddie put Joanna on the floor, and Richie held her hands, and helped her walk to the kitchen. She looked so small compared to Richie. And she was.
"Well, I'm just gonna come out and say it. This is batshit crazy." Mike chuckled. "You know you could've told us sooner." Beverly said, sympathetically. "We wanted to, but Joanna needed to stay a secret. And she still does." Eddie sighed. "We understand." Stanley replied. "Yeah, and we would all love to get to know her." Ben smiled. Everyone nodded, and then turned to see Richie walk out of the kitchen. Joanna was sitting in his arms, wearing her pink nightgown and holding a small plastic bowl of goldfish. She looked so small, she was so small "Jo, can you say goodnight to your new friends?" Richie whispered.

"Hi hi." Jo said shyly. "Hi sweetheart! My name is Beverly. And this is Stanley, Bill, Ben, and Mike." Beverly smiled. They all waved. "Ni Ni." A sweet high pitched voice yawned. "Let's get you downstairs baby girl." Eddie cooed.

"Ni Ni dada, Ni Ni Papa." Joanna whispered sleepily, as Richie placed her in the crib. "Goodnight Jo. We love you." Eddie whispered, rubbing Jo's hair out of her face. "Sweet dreams love." Richie smiled, and bent down to give her a kiss on the forehead. She clutched her blue bunny plush tightly, and her eyes fluttered shut.

"Alright I gotta head out and sneak back in through my window." Mike chuckled, as they finished the last movie of the night. The other Losers, not including Eddie and Richie, agreed and began to disperse. "Hey guys, we would love to get to know her. She's like cute as fuck too." Beverly smiled sweetly. "Thanks Bev." Richie snickered. And she shut the door. "Downstairs?" Eddie asked. "Yes please" and the two quietly headed to Richie's bedroom. They slowly creaked the door open and sat in bed. "I'll go peek at Jo." Richie whispered.

Richie's actual bedroom was in the basement of the Derry home, and it was a pretty decent size. Joanna had a small nursery, while Richie and Eddie slept in a conjoining, smaller room. In Joanna's space, the walls were painted a soft pink, with her white crib blending in with the rug on the hardwood floors. She had a wooden changing table and a light pink and gold rocking chair. Above her crib, her name was painted on a circular piece of wood in cursive letters.

Richie and Eddie's room was plastered with grey brick wallpaper, and pictures hanging in more places than not. Their queen-sized bed was coated with a white duvet and light-yellow pillows. Nightstands on each side. A book case on the left wall and a dresser on the right. Richie and Eddie didn't need a queen size bed, but having the extra room when Jo got scared at night was helpful when she came to sleep with her daddy and papa.
Richie crept over to Jo's space, and leaned over the crib to find his little girl passed out in her bed, a small blanket covering her and the bunny she held close to her chest. Richie saw that her other hand was currently being used to sit in her mouth. Richie shook his head smiling and replaced her fingertips with a pink pacifier. "Goodnight my lovebug." Richie whispered and bent down to place a gentle kiss on Joanna's temple.

He walked back over to his bed, flopping on to the mattress and leaning over to kiss his boyfriend. "Goodnight Richie dear." Eddie whispered, turning off the lamp. "Good night Eds." Richie smiled. And as Eddie came into Richie's chest, the two drifted to sleep, satisfied with the outcome of revealing their secret.