Be tired with me - Lockwood x OC

(Part TWO of the  Be tired with me story)

I woke up with my head on Lockwoods shoulder. "Did you sleep well?" He asked me.

"Better than I have in a while," I smiled at him.

"We've got another five minutes before we pull into the station and then another ten minute drive until we get to the hall. Then we have fifteen minutes til sundown once we're there," George spoke up.

"Good that, George. We need every minute possible to locate the source. Once we finish this case, everyone will practically be begging at our doors for London's finest agents," Lockwood grinned.

"I can't wait to see the look on Kipps' face when he reads the papers," George got excited.

"Yes, well, let's be coordinated. We all know our jobs and I'm pretty sure Fairfax has been underestimating us. We can probably be in and out before the sun comes up," I told them, ignoring the comment about Kipps. I didn't fancy seeing him as I haven't seen him for a few months and I'd like to keep it that way.

The train bell started to ding, indicating that we were approaching the station.

"Come on then. We can't leave Sir John Fairfax waiting," Lockwood told us. I swear he was in love with Fairfax with how often he was mentioned.

We walked out of the station to Ellie, Fairfax's assistant. I didn't pay much attention to her but I did notice that the car she was driving meant I had to squeeze between Lucy and George in the back seat.

And George was right. The ride took exactly ten minutes to get to the hall, I had checked on my watch.

Fairbax was standing outside, waving at us and looking as proper as ever.

"Good day Lockwood and Co," He greeted.

He led us inside and instructed us to put our bags down. I didn't pay much attention to him but the place felt off, like I could feel the massive amounts of unrest.

"Mr. Lockwood broke the rules," Ellie walked in with a fire bomb in hand. "He brought something you specifically told him not to bring."

"Lockwood, I specifically mentioned it this morning," I looked at him strangely. What was up with him today?

I walked around the area we were standing in, trying to touch anything that looked like it could have psychic charge. Only a few whispers and some laughing but yet again, this was only the entry.

"Well, the sun is going down. Better get going. Good luck," Fairfax waved at us as he walked toward the door. He closed it behind him.

"Lockwood, what's going on?" I pulled him aside by his sleeve.

"I told you I'd deal with it," He looked at me with a mischievous glimmer in his eyes. "One moment."

Lockwood disappeared behind a pillar and into another room. I rolled my eyes and walked towards the front door where our bags were.

Ellie sure made a mess out of my time consuming organization of each bag. The chains had gotten tangled and some of the filing containers were open and some spilled to the bottom of the bag. I grabbed two bags and left the other two because I didn't think we needed four sets of chains for all of us. You could fit four people easily in two sets of chains.

Apparently, being useful isn't helpful because Lockwood reappeared with yet another firebomb in hand.

"What've I told you about breaking client agreements?" I looked at him sternly.

"You said that it's unlawful and DEPRAC will take away our insurance coverage, I know Charlie," Lockwood looked like an annoyed puppy.

"Sun's nearly down, let's just get going," George sighed, taking one of the bags from my hands.