Chapter Two: TARDIS

Clara opened the doors and my eyes widened. They widened so much so I thought they were going to pop right out of my head! "I know!" Clara said giggling. My brain had stopped functioning. The interior was astonishing. It was, I thought, the largest most extraordinary room I had ever entered in my entire lifetime. But how? How could this tiny wooden box be filled with this amazement?

I backed out of the doors and looked at the exterior once again to check. I ran all the way around the box, twice, and surely enough it was definitely just a wooden box. Entering the room again I looked around in awe and deep thought. I saw the doctor messing around with some large desk looking thing with lots of buttons in the middle of the room, and Clara stood waiting for me, hands together in anticipation. I noticed the design "What are the round things on the walls?" I asked, touching one of the many round objects scattered all across the walls.

"What?" Clara exclaimed

"Well that's a new one" The Doctor said, raising his eyebrows "It's bigger on the inside! Aren't you going to have a little human fit about how this tiny box is bigger on the inside?"

"Well I didn't want to state the obvious.." I said, a sarcastic tone slipping out of my mouth. There was a silence. Had I done something wrong? Clara suddenly burst into laughter

"Oh my god, look at your face!" She said, pointing at The Doctor and laughing more "you certainly humbled him!" A strange sense of validation came over me that she was laughing at something I'd done. I couldn't help but give a smile back, until we were both laughing uncontrollably.

"God I hate bantering" The Doctor muttered under his breath as Clara and I calmed down. "The round things are the best form of design in all the universe. In every universe for that matter"

"There's more than one universe?" I asked walking over to the big controller desk

"There's more universes than you could possibly imagine" Clara grinned, skipping over to where we were standing. "What's your name anyway?" As I opened my mouth to answer, the doors slammed shut and the ground began to shake beneath my feet. We all grabbed on to the circular desk for dear life.

"What the hell is that?!" I yelled over all the noise. That whirring sound that I'd heard earlier by the bins was happening again, but this time louder and getting faster by the second.

"We've got to go" The Doctor said hurriedly

"Go where?!" I shouted back, trying not to fall over from the impact.

"I guess we'll have to wait and see!" Clara said, excited again. Wait and see? What the hell did she mean? As far as I knew we were in some magestical box that was somehow bigger on the inside!

"You're telling me this box can move as well?!" I asked in disbelief

"Well of course it can, and travel through time and space. How do you think we got here?" The doctor replied, as if I should have known all of this already.

Clara jumped up and said "This is the TARDIS!" I looked at her with a blank expression "it's an acronym...Time And Relative Dimension In Space!" My mind was racing. I wondered for a brief moment if I was dreaming and was on the verge of waking up any moment now, but the loud "bang" that was followed with impact to the floor shaking again suggested that I was definitely. Not. Dreaming.

"What happened?" I asked, intrigued

"We've landed" The Doctor said with the first grin I had ever seen sprawled across his face.

——————————————————-

The Doctor walked towards the doors, opened them and stepped out. I stood still, not knowing whether to follow him or not. "Come on! Clara clasped her fingers around my arm and pulled me towards the open doors. I was startled from the sudden contact, but no where near as startled as when we ran out of the doors and I saw what was before me. 

I had stepped onto some sort of invisible platform, I looked down, and all I could see was... space! I shrieked and jumped back into the TARDIS. "No it's okay! we're on an invisible planet, you can stand here" Clara reassured. Hesitantly, I put my one foot on this so called 'invisible planet', then took it right back, like dipping your toes into a cold pool for the first time. Clara's sweet smile encouraged me to take a step out, and sure enough, I could stand! I jumped up and down a little, laughing in shock. 

Slowly, I looked up, and and all I could do was gasp. We were surrounded by stars illuminating the deep blue sky, planets scattered across the solar system as far as the eye can see. The thing that caught my attention the most, however, was the brilliantly large planet right in front of us that I of course recognized instantly as Earth. To think that I had been there no more than 5 minutes ago, and was now looking down at it from a third person view gave me an indescribable feeling.  "Yep" The doctor said proudly as my jaw hung ajar "Down there is the entirety of the human race, doing human-y wuman-y things, and you're watching! Well, all of the human race except for you two of course" he said, waving two fingers at Clara and I casually.

"Oh!" I exclaimed "I assumed you weren't human" I said, turning to Clara. I felt more secure knowing I wasn't the only human here. Clara must have been just as baffled as me one day. She might have even had a boring life before The Doctor, she was hard to read. I found myself thinking about Clara's ordinary life, what she might do, if we had ever crossed paths and never noticed.

"Yep, completely human" Clara said, looking around, seeming unbothered by the spectacle that laid before us. 

"Just about" The Doctor muttered, tapping his wand thing that Clara had called a 'sonic' earlier on his palm. It suddenly made a buzzing sound and the end turned blue "Right, 'cmon that's enough gawking for one day, let's move" he ran back into the TARDIS waiting for me and Clara to follow. Clara jumped back through the doors, and when I stayed standing there, unable to strip my eyes away from the beautiful sight, I felt a hand grabbing the same part of my arm as earlier. And with that, I was back in the TARDIS and my vision of the Earth felt like one big fever dream.