13. Return

Another of the options for Mia and River's reunion after his return from a tour with the circus. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing this! Enjoy!
____________________________________

Mia sighed dejectedly, speeding up her pace. The mood dropped below the baseboard. River has not responded to messages since last night, Bella twisted her leg again, so this annoying guy also persistently tried to ask her out.

No, he wasn't really that annoying, and his suggestions for a walk looked quite nice and innocent, but Mia just didn't want to have anything to do with it. As much as she didn't want to admit it, she was too attached to River fucking Scott to just forget about him.

She went to the lockers, taking her things from there, and throwing a slightly battered backpack on her shoulder, walked to the exit of the school. However, she did not manage to leave quietly. Jake, a tall, handsome blond man, was already waiting for her at the exit.

- Hey, Mia!

The girl rolled her eyes, hurriedly opening the door, and went outside, while the guy hurried after her.

- So you don't want to...

He didn't have time to finish, because the girl turned sharply to him, forcing him to stop immediately. She didn't look angry, but rather dejected and dissatisfied.

- Listen, Jake, you're a nice guy and all that, - the redhead put her palms together, looking at him seriously, - but blondes are not my type.

The young man smiled slightly.

- But Stephanie is blonde, isn't she?

Mia's sarcastic look spoke for itself.

- Don't you think that a best friend and a boyfriend are a little different?

She exhaled, putting her palm to the bridge of her nose.

- I'm just... My heart is busy, Jake," the redhead opened her eyes, looking at him again, - I'm waiting for him to come back.

The guy opened his mouth, but she immediately shut it up, continuing.

- You're not a bad boy, honestly, - Mia looked at him sullenly, - but you're not him. I'd give you a chance if I could. But I can't.

With that, she turned around, heading out of the school, walking down the long porch. The guy hurriedly followed her, hoping to ask something else, when she suddenly froze in place. Some students from parallel and their own classmates followed them, hoping with interest to find a topic for gossip.

Her eyes widened when she saw her gang huddled next to one of the cars in the parking lot. She was surprised that it was a convertible, and when she looked closer, she noticed a familiar broad back in an orange shirt among her group. Jake was still standing nearby, looking expectantly at the frozen girl.

She couldn't believe it.

He was here.

Mia stared dazedly at the object of her affection for a few more seconds before he turned to her. His eyes widened as a wide smile graced his face. The redhead couldn't help but smile back, still standing in place. They stared at each other for a few moments before River took a few wide steps towards her. And then the girl took off.

While no one is watching, Andrea took out her phone, intending to capture this drama.

After running a few steps, Mia jumped off the last one, rushing into his arms. River squeezed her waist tightly, nuzzling her cheek, and the redhead was ready to burst into tears from how delicious it was to hug him again. She realized that she had to stand on tiptoe to reach his neck when she hugged him, even considering that he was leaning towards her, so striking was the difference in height between them. During his departure, he grew again, becoming even taller.

- I missed you so much... - his soft whisper in her ear made her burst into tears right on his shoulder, - for you, Mia....

The girl clung to him with all her strength, hoping that this was not a damn beautiful dream.

- I'll kill you if you leave for that long again!

She pulled away, angrily starting to pound his shoulders and chest with her fists.

- You, you! You're such an irresponsible idiot! - she slapped him on the shoulder with a swing, and he shouted with a laugh, - You could have texted me that you were all right, but you, you...!

The girl angrily grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, pulling his face to her level and looking him straight in the eyes. Angry tears were frozen in her gaze, threatening to spill this second.

- I hate you, River Evans Scott, with all my soul.

Tears still fell from her eyes, leaving wet tracks on her cheeks as she blinked angrily, clutching the collar of his shirt.

- I hate you so damn much.

The guy smiled warmly, leaving his palms on her waist, but Mia could see from his eyes that he, too, was barely holding back his tears of joy. He grinned, blinked, and looked at her.

- I missed you too.

The redhead tried to hold back a smile, but a happy squeak still escaped from her lips.

- You're such a huge jerk, - she pulled him towards her, approaching his lips, - Just the most incredible piece of horse shit I've ever seen in my life...

Нe laughed at this playful insult when she pulled him towards her, covering his lips with hers. Damn, how long he had been waiting for this!

The loud screeching of the friends rang out next to them when they saw exactly what Mia had done. The group "Oooooh!" was heard from all sides, and only now the friends realized that the reunion of these two was watched, if not by the whole school, then at least by most of it.

- I'll have to tell Mia, - Olivia leaned over to her friends, whispering, - That she just put on a good show with a huge audience...

Тhe girls burst out laughing, smiling watching the couple in love, still clinging to each other. Ethan next to them put his arm around Emma's shoulders.

- I think now we have two reasons to have a party, - he showed the girls his palm, alternately bending two fingers, - the first is River has returned, and the second is now they are a couple!

Andrea nodded enthusiastically.

- Yes, a great idea! I'll call Jaydi!

Stephanie agreed.

- Yes, and I'll dial Kenny!

The company laughed, watching the mulatto whisper something in the redhead's ear, wrapping her in his arms.

Now they are all together again.