Chapter Three: Breathlessness & Good Luck

The heat wraps around you quickly, and a thick haze of steam fills up the area between the walls of the shower. His hands slide down to your hips, turning you away from him – Breathlessly you inhale. He pulls you towards him; Your upper back bounces against his chest, his hands slide over your stomach and a moment of nothingness appears. 

The two of you just stand in the midst of the heavy steam. Silently. You glance downwards at his hands, positioning your own on top of his, and he presses a kiss onto the nape of your neck with light pressure. Your head is leaning against his shoulder, whilst his face is buried in your neck. Strands of his hair are gently tickling your shoulder, but you wouldn't dare moving right now – This is one of those heated moments, where lust starts off everything, but then clarity and a sense of calmness reside. You feel his breath on your skin once again, then his arms tighten the grip around you. It's an intimate moment. 

Thiago whispers: I miss you. 

He presses another kiss onto your skin. You glide your hands up and down his arms, unsure as to what to reply. 

y/n: I– 

You can't even answer. Of course you miss him, and of course you still love him, but confusion has taken over your mind. You need to be ready and fresh for the new season... Not fall in love harder than you did the first time – You can't tell your ex-boyfriend that you miss him too. 

Thiago whispers: I know... I broke your heart.

Communication was never easy for you. Ace though, he understands. He spins you around in his arms, so that you're facing him, and he gives you a soft kiss on your forehead. You arch your feet, so that you can be closer to his lips – You share another gentle kiss and then he lets go of you. 

He opens the shower door, steps out, wraps himself in a towel and he grabs his things. You watch him every step of the way – He pauses before leaving the bathroom. 

y/n whispers: Thiago?

He glances at you. You watch his strong shoulders tense up, as your eyes wander over his body. 

That wasn't the answer he wanted to hear, and now he's leaving like a wounded puppy that didn't get a treat. He know's it his fault though.

Thiago: Yeah?

y/n whispers: Good luck on track.

The outline of his jaw contracts, he swallows harshly, and then he nods. 

Thiago: Yeah... You too, Love. You'll need it in that Ferrari.

He puckers up his lips, as if he were to kiss the air – Directing it your way. Oh the sweet method of intimidation... Yes, your Ferrari is a chaos, but you'll be fine after testing. After all, if you, as their first driver, don't even believe in the car, who will?

As fast as he appeared, he vanishes again. You wrap yourself in a towel, leaving the water on, and you walk into the other room where he's getting dressed. He's pulling up his sweats again, before glancing at you – His chiselled upper body is truly a sight to behold.

y/n: The Ferrari will be fine, you know that, right?

He smiles, then puts on his hoodie and steps towards you.

Thiago: What ever makes you sleep at night, Baby... 

You're tightly wrapped in your towel, as if he didn't just see every inch of your body.

y/n: If I were you, I would be less concerned about my team, and a lot more concerned about Red Bull. *You give him a cheeky smile, whilst his disappears.* After all, last season, who couldn't you beat? 

Thiago: y/n. Stop it.

y/n: I'm just stating the facts 'Baby'... Aaron won the last three titles and oh, you weren't even part of the title race after half the season anymore... It was between Aaron and myself... So sure, what ever makes you sleep at night, Ace.

Thiago: Mercedes had engine issues.

y/n: And Ferrari consistently fucked me over with their strategy. All I'm saying is we're sitting in the same boat, so don't tease me about the state of my car, before we've even attended testing at Sakhir, okay?

Thiago displeased: Fine. I'm leaving now.

y/n: Yeah, alright.

Hesitantly he walks towards the door – This turned sour rather quickly. You follow him to the door, with the intension of locking it behind him.

Thiago: Good night.

y/n: Yeah, sleep well.

He slips through the doorway, and you lock it. You head back into the bathroom to finish your shower, and once you're done with that, you get into bed.