16

"June wake up" I awoke "what?" I opened one of my eyes "we got to go help Pope and Kiara at Heywards" His hand brushed the hair off my face. "Fine" I sat up. I stretched and yawned. He lingered at where he stood for a second. "What" I asked with an attitude "nothin" he started to walk off "I'm still mad at you" I told him.

He stopped in his tracks "what. Why?" He turned around "you were being an asshole" I got out of my bed and grabbed a shirt to cover the bra I had on "how" he leaned against the wall "you called me a kook and were being rude" he stepped towards me. "Princess" his thumb glided against my jaw line "i didn't mean it I'm sorry" his ocean blue eyes met my hazelnut ones.

"Jay, we have to go" I yelled as I stood at the door. I had gotten ready rather quickly but that wasn't the case for JJ. "Okay come on" he smiled. We went out to my white BMW and got in.

My phone buzzed as I drove "hey can you check how that is" I asked politely "uh yeah sure" he responded "it's your dad" he looked at me with worry "it's fine" I turned down the music and answered it.

"Hello"

"June, you haven't been home in days!"

"Okay and you just noticed that"

"You're probably out with that Maybank boy"

"Yep"

"Come home"

"No thank you bye bye"

I hung up the phone and put it back on the cup holder. "That was an eventful call" jj spoke to break the silence "yep" i sighed.

We made it to Heywards and towards the door. "Wait JJ" I spoke before we went inside "hm" he turned around. I stood on my tiptoes and placed a kiss on his lips "I thought you were mad at me" he laughed "I am" I winked.

"hey babe" I shrieked as I saw Kiara "my love" she ran over engulfing me into a hug "hey jj you jealous" Kiara asked with a smile "no" he shook his head and walked over to Pope.

We helped Pope stock up some things when we heard Heyward call for Pope. "Pope theres someone here for you" Heyward said. Then the four of us turned our head to see who it was. "I have an arrest warrant for felony destruction of property" Shoupe grabbed his hand cuffs.

"Keep your hands where I can see them" he told Pope. I stepped infront of Pope to block Shoupe. "Mrs June I'm going to need you to step out of the way" he sighed "no he didn't do anything" i shrieked. Kiara grabbed my arm and pulled me back "wait Shoupe what'd he do" Heyward asked frantically "look at the warrant" Shoupe cuffed Pope.

My breath quickened as I saw one of my bestfriends being arrested. My breathing clouded out the voices of yelling as we followed them out side. It suddenly stopped when the blonde boy spoke up "it wasn't him" he paused my head whipped around to make eye contact with the boy.

"It was me" those three words rung  through my head. I tried to speak but nothing came out. "He tried to talk me out of it", but I was mad because he had just been beaten' up. I was so sick of those assholes from Figure Eight that I lost my shit" JJ began walking towards Shoupe. "I can't let you take the blame for somethin' I did. You've got to much to lose" JJ told Pope "JJ what are you doing" Pope asked frantically.

"Tellin the truth for once in my goddamn life, im gonna tell the truth" JJ paused "I took his old man's boat, too" he told Shoupe "what the hell" Heyward exclaimed "JJ come on" Pope begged "shut up Pope! Just shut up" the boy began to grow teary eyed "he's a good kid you know where I'm from" JJ told Shoupe "yeah" the deputy agreed "it was all me" I pressed my fingers nails into my hands that formed crescent shaped moons to  hold back tears.

"That's the whole truth" Shoupe asked "Whole truth swear to God" JJ answered "I know what you think damn it I'm asking Pope"  Shoupe exclaimed "yeah, that's about covers it" Pope but his lip "were either of you two girls there also?" Shoupe motioned to Kiara and I. We glanced at each other "I wasn't" Kiara told him "June?" Deputy questioned. JJ turned his head and looked at me with pleading eyes "No sir. I wasnt there" I bit my lip to hold back tears.

"Okay, come on" He took the cuffs off of the Heyward boy and placed them on JJ. They got in the car and pulled away. "Shit" Pope yelled throwing his hat onto the ground and walking away "I'ma head home, my dad needs me anyways" I told Kiara "you gonna be at Midsummers" she asked "I have to be. I get to walk out with Rafe" I sighed "oh yeah" she gave me a tight lipped smile "see you later" she told me "see you later" I walked over to my car.

I got on the road home but in about five minutes I started bawling my eyes out.

"I'm home" I yelled through the house "get ready for Midsummers" he said walking out in a suit "oh hi you must be June" I heard a female voice say "who the fuck are you" I asked "June Heart-" my dad began "Routledge. You aren't my father, oh and thanks for telling me" I walked away.

I entered my bedroom to see a blue flowery dress laying on my bed

 "oh my god" I whispered to myself "you like it?" A male voice asked "what the fuck you can't do that asshole?!" I yelled "Sarah and I went dress shopping and I thought you while like it" Rafe told me fixing his tie in the mirror

"oh my god" I whispered to myself "you like it?" A male voice asked "what the fuck you can't do that asshole?!" I yelled "Sarah and I went dress shopping and I thought you while like it" Rafe told me fixing his tie in the mirror. "I'm not walking out with you" I crossed my arms in front of my chest.

"Well is it really your choice" he paused "cause it isn't mine" he said with a tight lipped smile "fine" I gave on a grabbed the dress. I went into the bathroom and locked the door. I took off my clothes and stared at the reflection in the mirror.

Ew I thought. I dragged my hand against my stomach. The cigarette burns were not as visible but still there but I bet I would be the only one who could notice them.

I reluctantly put on the dress and went back into my bedroom. "You look" he stuttered "gorgeous" the unfamiliar word rolled off of his tongue. "Thank you" I blushed. I sat down at my messy vanity and put on mascara and some Aquafor on my lips. "Come on, June" Rafe walked into the room "okay give me a minute" I shrieked spraying some perfume.