CHAPTER 22

More than two very busy weeks have passed, I thought a month would be enough but now I realize that it took more time to prepare everything.  Areeba, mom and I did a lot of shopping and it wasn't easy to choose because, having so many choices, we wanted to get everything.  Today I had to go with Shehroz to choose my dress for the nikah.  I also wanted to take Areeba with me because I can't choose on my own but she preferred to stay with mum to pack everything.  Now Shehroz was waiting for me downstairs in the car and I had to leave, I asked mama for lots of advice on which dress to choose but she replied that I could ask Shehroz directly and then if I needed her I could call. 
Shehroz: I've been waiting for you for so long
Minahil: So long?  you've been here for less than five minutes and then I was asking mother for advice
Shehroz: I know I've been here for five minutes but this time is special for me. I can only see you for these things as in general they never let us see each other
Minahil: so settle for that and don't complain. 
Shehroz: let's go
Minahil: Sure!
Shehroz: said breaking the silence between us "why so quiet today?"
Minahil: I'm not very good at choosing clothes, I'm always undecided
Shehroz: Minahil you have to worry a little less about such small things, and then there's me, I'll give you some great advice
Minahil: well then I'm in good hands!  I don't know how they will see me on nikah day if I listen to your advice. 
Shehroz: first you will be my bride and  I like you in any dress  after that no one has to stare at you and then the black dress I brought you was my choice. 
Mianhil: ohhh are you kidding, was it your choice? 
Shehroz: yes miss it was mine! 
Minahil: So I'm calmer now.  And don't be so possessive. 
Shehroz: am I possessive?  noo
Minahil: yes eh you...
We got out of the car, he grabbed my hand and I asked him the reason for this gesture "so nobody looks at you and they'll know you're mine".   i sand “I was talking about this possessiveness earlier in the ca”r and he just laughed. 
There were so many choices and when I saw all of that I panicked.  How was I going to choose the perfect dress for me?  After about an hour of reasoning we decided  two dresses.  And now Shehroz which one should I choose? 
Shehroz: they are both beautiful, however thinking that the event will take place in the late afternoon, this one with those colors who are not too dark would be better.
Minahil: I think you are right, but the other one is also very nice.
I'll try calling mom, and see what she says.  I was looking in my purse to find my phone but I guess I left it at home in a hurry.  And now what was I going to do, I didn't want to ask him for the phone. 
Shehroz: Did you call? 
Minahil: No, the point is that I forgot my phone at home
Shehroz: so try calling from mine
I could feel very embarrassed and since the phone was off I asked to enter the password
Shehroz: your date of birth
I was ready to write when I heard this
Mianhil: and how did you know my date of birth? 
Shehroz: You told me that when we met for the second time and you said you turned eighteen four months ago. 
Mianhil: I don't even remember it, and then I didn't know that you listened to me so carefully. 
Shehroz: I'm all at your disposal.
I called my mom who recommended the same dress that the two of us had chosen.  In the end when I went to try it, it was a bit wide for me so they would have fixed it for me in a few days and this meant that I had to come back and get it. 
Minahil: Shehroz, I'm hungry and very hungry! 
Shehroz: and now we're not late, mom isn't waiting for us...
Minahil: yes she's still waiting  but I'm hungry and then I'm sure she won't worry because I'm with you. 
Shehroz:all this security!  Thank you. 
Mianhil: you're welcome but now let's go eat
He took me to a restaurant, even though I'm from the same city I had never been here.  I was so hungry that I could order anything as long as it was food.  When the waitress  came over to ask what we wanted, she had a strange behaviour when she saw me with Shehroz.  Instead when she came to serve us food I could see that she got too close to him.  I couldn't stand there to see that scene and I took Shehroz's and headed to the car.  He wasn't interested in the girl at all but I couldn't see her,she was so attached and as we were walking towards the car Shehroz just followed me. 
Shehroz: what happened?  You weren't hungry
Minahil: not anymore, I want to go home
Shehroz: but if a second ago you were  so hungry
Mianhil: now instead I'm in the car ready to go home. 
He started driving the car without asking any more questions but I could see he had a slight smile and after a while he stopped and got out of the car.  I didn't understand where he could go and all my doubts were resolved when he got back in the car and he gave me a bag full of things to eat while in other hand he had a glass of juice .  I took everything and started enjoying everything without any problem.  Since home was far from the mall it would take us so long to get there so I brought you all this he said.  I was concentrated on eating and after a while I wanted to share some with him too.
Minahil: hold, you can eat too
Shehroz: I'm driving, but I'm hungry
Minahil: so let's wait until we get home so you can eat too
Shehroz: Well how kind you are, at least you can give me a sip of the drink
Mianhil: I approached him the cold glass so he could drink while driving.  Now happy? 
Shehroz: No, because I also want to eat
Minahil: uff Sheroz you're really stubborn, hold on and I also brought the fries closer to him.
Shehroz: Here is your house miss
Minahil: thank you and as I was opening the door he grabbed my arm blocking  my exit
Shehroz: So you are possessive too?  Or maybe better to say jealous.
Mianhil: Neither of these! 
Shehroz: Then why did we leave the restaurant? 
Mianhil: because I didn't like that place
He told me stroking my hair and tucking it behind my ear "as i already said I'm all yours!"  I pushed him back and I said" you better be all mine too"
Shehroz: but you didn't tell me why we left like this? 
Mianhil: because I didn't like that girl very much and ....
Shehroz: and... and you were jealous
Minahil: yes I was, and so I didn't want to stay there and then this doesn't mean being jealous but being affectionate.
Shehroz: yes yes, just like that! 
Minahil: Now let me go
Shehroz: sure you can go
Minahil: Don't be innocent open the door, it's locked
Shehroz: must I? 
Minahil: Yes Shehroz yes
Shehroz: even if I don't want to but I'll let you go
I was still stuck, yes he had unlocked the door but he still hadn't let go of my hand and I glanced at my hand to tell him to let go.  He gave a look to say a very direct no but when i forced him he finally let me go.
When I entered in the house Areeba was still there.  She had helped  mama more than I do, but I had the excuse of being the bride. Areeba told me that she wouldn't go home until I told her everything I did and so I started describing everything that happened today.