Chapter 22: By The Sea

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Incheon, South Korea: Wangsan Beach.

CHOI YEONJUN

I took the car with me instead of the motorcycle and drove for a while: a decision Soobin seemed to appreciate. It took effort and a plan to send my location to Lance without Soobin's notice; however, I did it after finding an opportunity. – The weather appeared to back us up since we arrived; Incheon skies look blue, without clouds.

Soobin jumped off the car while I began taking out the bags from the trunk; however, as soon as I finished, I looked around to check the perimeter. Even though Lance is close to us, I still fear someone else might come; perhaps not my mother, but the press or paparazzi.

—Yeonjun-ah! – I heard Soobin shouting my name, bringing me out of my trance only to focus on him—. Come on! Hurry!

Soobin pulled my arm before running toward the beach. I chuckled before placing the bag over my shoulder and followed Soobin from behind. My boyfriend didn't hesitate to stand before the shore to admire the scenery before him. I smiled at him while placing the towel alongside the bag and phones. I took off my shirt and sandals before running toward Soobin.

—Hey! – I shouted before reaching Soobin's side, tackling him to make him fall.

—Yeonjun-ah! What the heck!? – Soobin looked at me, shocked while sitting on the water. I laughed at him, put my guard down, and received a splash afterward. Soobin's laugh was everything I heard while removing the water from my face.

—You will pay! Come here! – I chased Soobin across the shore until he dove into the ocean.

Between chuckles and splashes: we continued to battle each other with the water. – For a moment, I forgot everything; my problems seemed small and irrelevant. I only focused on Soobin and me. – At last, we swam deeper into the waves and soon met each other with the brightest smiles we've seen. Soobin looked at me so fondly that it made my heart flutter. But suddenly, he moved forward and placed his lips on mine; he didn't hesitate to grasp the back of my head and pull me deeper into the kiss. His sudden move shocked me, but I soon leaned in, closed my eyes, and let Soobin take the lead.

Eventually, Soobin pulled away and stared into my eyes with a peculiar shine on them. I felt on cloud nine; after all, this move told me how much Soobin has progressed.

—Thank you – I sincerely told Soobin while stroking his hair. Soobin nodded before chuckling slightly and wetting my hair more.

Moments later.

We swam as much as possible before our muscles became sore. Then, we went to the towels and sat on them while playing some chill music and looking at the horizon. Soobin was so relaxed that I took advantage of his state to text Lance; I wanted to know if he was close since I hadn't heard from him.

—Yeonjun? – Soobin said my name, making me focus on him in a heartbeat.

—Yes?

—Are you nervous about meeting my parents?

I frowned at Soobin's question—. Of course not, why would I be? – I answered, questioning Soobin sarcastically.

Soobin silently chuckled before taking a deep breath—. But you will go as my friend, so it doesn't count.

—I guess you are right – I thoughtfully said.

—Then. Don't you want me to introduce you as my boyfriend?

My eyes widened after hearing Soobin's suggestion; however, I soon shook my head—. Soobin, you must take your time to reveal our relationship to your parents. Besides, I don't think the moment would be right to speak about us.

—You may be right – Soobin said before looking back at me, and then he smiled—. Choi Yeonjun, you are becoming softer by the day.

After hearing Soobin's words, I blushed and immediately looked away while covering my mouth and nose—. What do you mean?!

—You are less defensive and more caring – Soobin spoke.

I looked back at my boyfriend after hearing him again. But now, I focused on his expression, making me realize his watery eyes.

"He's upset. Perhaps, Soobin honestly wanted to introduce me to his parents. But isn't it too soon?" I thought, concerned.

—Soobin – I said as he looked back at me—. I'm grateful you care about me; I couldn't ask for more, but you don't have to worry. As I told you before, I'm willing to wait for you.

—Yah! What was that supposed to mean? I told you I wasn't weak! – Soobin complained.

—I know what you said! But I want you to take your time to speak with your parents – I assured Soobin before pinching his cheeks.

Soobin took a deep breath before resting beside me on the towel—. Okay, I get it! And I should thank you for taking care of me.

—It's my duty! And you have to stop thanking me for everything; you know it isn't necessary.

—Thank you! Thank you, thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

—Yah! Choi Soobin, stop! – I playfully scolded Soobin, but he didn't stop; therefore, I started to tickle him.

As Soobin continued to laugh, I heard my phone ring. Immediately, I took it and looked at the screen; Lance responded to my message.

"I checked the perimeter as you asked me, Sir. Right now, I'm following a car that's going to your location; it has the number plate of one of your mother's cars." – L.

"Shit!" I thought, upset.

Immediately, I stood up and saved everything inside the bag—. Stand up – I earnestly told Soobin, to which he obeyed.

I put the towel inside the bag before looking at Soobin, becoming more worried and nervous.

—Do you trust me? – I asked Soobin before holding his hand. He nodded in response before I guided him away from our previous position. – I hurried to reach the end of the shore, and Soobin followed my pace without questioning me. But suddenly, before I made it to the small cave near the shore, I heard a car parking nearby, and soon a gunshot blared the area.

—Yeonjun? – Soobin looked at me, concerned.

—It was nothing; come on! We are almost there! – I encouraged Soobin to go before me and enter the cave. I followed him from behind before guiding him through the dark path within the reduced area; I held Soobin's hand tighter as I chased the light at the end of the tunnel.

Eventually, we arrived at the end and exited the cave without injuries. We ended up on another part of the beach, a remote area a few know about its existence.

—I didn't know you could travel through a cave! – Soobin said, amazed. It appeared like he was okay, not worried at all.

—Are you okay? Did you hurt yourself? – I asked while checking Soobin.

—No, but that sound before; what was it? It was earsplitting – Soobin asked.

—I'm not sure, but let's walk through the shore. Okay? – I told Soobin before taking his hand.

Soobin jumped off the big rock and landed before me; I took him between my arms as he chuckled. – Now, I realize he is clueless about what occurred; what a relief. – I held Soobin's hand while looking at the ocean. Then, I took a deep breath and placed my head on Soobin's shoulder, feeling at ease after dodging what could have been a tragedy.