Chapter 2

Jaehaera walked into the dragon pit, the dragonkeepers greeting her as she walked down into the pits.

She passed Syrax, her older sisters dragon as she desended down, the golden dragon roared as Jaehaera stopped to look at her.

Syrax was a young dragon, and she was a very gorgeous dragon as well, her golden scales shone in the sunlight whenever Rhaenyra flew with her. Rhaenyra had named Syrax after an old Valyrian goddess, and whenever Jaehaera asked her sister what Syrax was the goddess of, Rhaenyra always answered that it didn't truly matter, and she would just go back to doing whatever it was that she was doing.

Jaehaera began to walk further down into the pits, and soon enough, she reached Vermithor.

Her dragon turned immediantly turned to face her, as if he was waiting for her. Vermithor walked towards her, he leaned down to have his face right in front of her.

Jaehaera laughed, she reached out her hand and touched his face, he leaned into her hand as she ran her hand over his head. She began to walk towards his back, and hopped onto him.

Jaehaera did not use a saddle, she gave up her own comfort for him to be comfortable.

Once Jaehaera was settled, she spoke, "Go, Vermithor."

Her dragon growled, and began to walk out of the pits. As they reached the entrance, the Dragonkeepers stared at her, she nodded her head at them before saying, "When I return, Vermithor is to be fed well. And upon my arrival, I wish to have a carriage ready for me to return to my mother, Queen Aemma." She said in High Valyrian.

The Dragonkeepers nodded, before hurrying off into the pits to do whaever they do. Jaehaera looked down at her dragon, then up at the sky.

"Fly, Vermithor. Fly."

Vermithor roared, jumping off into the sky. Jaehaera smiled as she felt the wind rip through her white-blonde hair.

Her dragon flew above the clouds before he leveled out, and in the silence of the sky, Jaehaera's thoughts grew louder than they ever were.

Jaehaera sat up, her thoughts rushing to one thing.

Jason Lannister.

Hopefully he accepts her terms, because if he doesn't...

Jaehaera screamed, falling onto her back. Vermithor whined, feeling his riders distress.

Jaehaera sighed, her voice soft as she asked her dragon, "Why me? Why not Rhaenyra? Why did Jason Lannister want ME?" She spoke in High Valyrian.

Vermithor growled, he shook his head, as if answering her. Jaehaera smiled, she loved Vermithor, he was everything to her. If she could not have him with her, she would never truly be happy.

Suddenly, she heard another dragon flying around her. Jaehaera sat up, grabbing onto the horns along Vermithor's spine. Vermithor growled, looking around to find the other dragon.

That was when she heard him, "You should not be out here late, dear niece."

Jaehaera looked over to her left to see her uncle Daemon on his dragon Caraxes. Vermithor snarled before realising who was next to him.

She rolled her eyes, "You should go back to the castle, my father would want to speak with you. As would my sister, Uncle."

Daemon smiled at her, "My brother is the one who sent me to find you. He wishes to speak to you, something about a betrothel and your sibling."

Jaehaera's breath hitched, she looked into her uncle's eyes. "Tell him that I will return shorly."

Daemon nodded, turning Caraxes to go back to King's Landing. Jaehaera yelled, her anger boiling inside.

"Higher, Vermithor. Get out of sight from the city."

Vermithor roared, his wings flapped harder than before, and the wind blasted in Jaehaera's face.

Jaehaera laughed as a flock of birds came next to them, Vermithor seemed to not enjoy their presence as he snarled at them, his growl higher pitched then normal.

Jaehaera laughed again, her smile growing as they flew above the clouds. She knew that she eventually need to go back, but for now she would remain in peace with her dragon.

~

Jaehaera landed Vermithor, her dragon baring his teeth at the dragonkeepers as she slid off him.

Braedan was already waiting for her, his hand on his sword as he called to her.

"Princess, Your father has been waiting for you. As has your mother and sister."

Jaehaera looked at him, he was wearing the sigil she had made him now. She smiled, just as Vermithor roared.

She turned to him, "Calm, Vemithor, Calm."

He turned to look down at her, before lowering his head and pushing Jaehaera lightly. She laughed, "You are so adorable, Vermithor. But please, do not scare my sworn sword any more. I do need him." Vermithor purred as she pet his head.

Jaehaera pushed him towards the dragonkeepers, "Behave, Bronze Fury." He growled again lightly before moving down into the pits.

Jaehaera turned back to Braedan, and he was smiling warily. She laughed, walking over to him.

"You are not scared of my dragon, are you Ser Braedan?" She asked mockingly as she reached him.

Braedan laughed nervously, before nodding. "I am not, Princess Jaehaera."

She laughed, before looking around to see that there was no carriage. Braedan noticed and smiled at her, "I figured it would be easier to just ride back."

Jaehaera smiled as he turned to grab a horse that she recognized immediantly.

"Nymeria!"

Jaehaera laughed as she pet her horses face, before jumping into the saddle.

She looked at Braedan, and she smiled.

"Race you back to the Keep!" She said before she took off.

She heard Braedan laugh behind her, just before she heard him take off after her.

Hey Guys! Sorry I haven't been writing, I have been super busy!
Anyway, enjoy!
-Theo