jack hughes || new jersey devils

Jack Hughes. The name made you have conflicted feelings. One side of you wanted to smile while the other side made you feel like you wanted to punch a wall. 

He was the epitome of a cocky asshole. You and him had never gotten along. It's not like you haven't tried to be friends with him, you really did, but he never matched the effort. On the first day he met you he decided he didn't like you. Which sucked because being Trevor's sister meant you saw him a lot. 

"Y/n!" You internally groaned as you heard his voice. You continued walking ignoring the pesky voice that was getting closer and closer. A hand set on your shoulder and you quickly slapped it away, glaring at Jack who was smirking at you. 

"Feisty" He whispered. You rolled your eyes. 

"What do you want?" You spit, not wanting to talk to the boy. 

"Z told me to take you home today. He's hanging out with a girl" Jack explained while intently watching your reaction to his words. Your jaw clenched, as you knew why Trevor did this. He always thought that you and Jack were in love with each other, but you were too afraid to admit it. 

"I'd rather walk" You sarcastically smiled at him before turning on your heels and attempting to walk away. Jack grabbed your wrist and you quickly reacted, wrapping your hand around his wrist and twisting it. 

"I shouldn't have to remind you every day to stop fucking touching me" You spat before harshly letting go of his wrist. Jack's eyebrows raised in interest and he was still wearing that stupid smirk that you wanted to slap off of his face. 

"Baby, you need to chill" Jack taunted. You tried to ignore the blush creeping up to your cheeks. "There is no way I'm letting you walk that far. I don't bite, unless you want me to" Jack said winking at the last part. You chewed on your lip while weighing the options. 

"Fine" You huffed out before making your way to his vehicle not even bothering to look back at him. You got in the front seat and saw Luke already in the back. You gave him a sweet smile as Jack got into the driver seat. Luke smiled back and went on his phone. 

"Can you drop me off at (his friend)'s house?" Luke asked Jack. 

"Sure" Jack replied as he pulled out of the high school parking lot.  The ride was silent until they dropped off Luke. 

"Bye y/n! Bye Jack!" Luke said before hopping out of the car. Jack pulled away and started going to your house. 

"So..." Jack stretched out the word for way too long. 

"Yes?" You asked looking over at him to see him looking at you already. "Look at the road pretty boy. I really don't feel like dying today"you said. Jack nodded and bit his lip taking a once over of you before looking back at the road. 

"You know Trevor has this crazy idea that you like me" Jack says causing you to burst out laughing. 

"That is one of the funniest things I have ever heard" You retort. 

"Do you?" Jack asks. The question stunned you. The obvious answer would be no, but you didn't even know the answer yourself. Jack kept glancing over at you, waiting for you to answer. 

"Wouldn't you like to know. We all know you are in love with me" You say not wanting to directly answer the question. Jack laughs and you could see the slightest red tint on his cheeks. 

He pulled into your driveway and you got ready to leave the car. Right as you were about to open the door Jack locked all the car doors. You looked back and saw him biting his lip and looking at you. 

"Your giving off serial killer vibes right now" You say causing Jack to have to stifle a laugh. 

"I need to do this before I don't have to the courage to anymore" Jack whispers as if he's embarrassed to say it. Your eyebrows furrowed, but before you could question it Jack smashed his lips onto yours. You were stunned for a second, but soon you returned the kiss with as much passion as Jack. 

"I am in love with you" Jack admits as he pulls away. A smile etches on your face. 

"I feel the same way" You say. Jack smiles widely and pulls you in for another kiss. 

"You wanna come in?" You ask when you both pulled away. Jack nods. A loud bang came from your window causing you and Jack to jump. 

"I fucking knew it" Trevor yelled as he laughed. You and Jack looked at each other before bursting out laughing.