One Good Deed

Seonac kept the crystal in his mind and in the air before him

Seonac kept the crystal in his mind and in the air before him. Eyes closed, breath even. The pounding of waves, muted through metres of rock, resonated in the heart of the crystal.

Luke sat patiently across from him. As the galaxy scrabbled for a new normal after Jakku, many found themselves helping old friends from their days at war. Luke may have been the last Jedi, but he still had favours to return and debts to repay. He was grateful that Seonac hadn't asked for training beyond help with a new lightsaber; the Pamarthen was twice his age and had spent more time with actual Jedi than Luke had. He admitted to some reservations about the lightsaber, but the enthusiastic amateur hadn't accidentally lopped off any limbs with his old blade. Luke instantly berated himself for the thought, glancing at Seonac's prosthetic legs. Was this cave where it had happened?

The crystal wobbled.

Postcards From Pamarthe is a series of art and micro-story postcards created to mark the project launch of The Last Edge. We plan to hand out some physical copies at Star Wars Celebration Europe in 2023.

Art copyright @Kaylerinarts (Instagram)