Retirement

Hiver, Three Ways Pass, 34 ABY

Seonac's breath puffed ragged in the cold air

Seonac's breath puffed ragged in the cold air. His droid prosthetics got him around better than most humans his age, but tussling with enormous avians was another matter. The bamberbirds shouldn't even be over this side of the range. Odd. He deactivated and stowed his blades and recalled rumours of ships near the abandoned Imperial mines in the east; something to look into. Another day. He was old, he was tired and now he was sore. And it would take more than a few clicks to get home as it was.

The body of the bamberbird steamed on the snow. Damn thing was probably only protecting its young, somewhere nearby. Seonac thought of his own. One child lost to Skywalker's dream and another to the Core, making up for a childhood on the frozen hind of the galaxy. With the First Order jackbooting around the fringes, Burran was better off there. Seonac and Nomi had each other and the inn. They enjoyed the peaceful life that they had fought for and that others had died for.

He just couldn't shake the feeling that it was coming to an end.

Postcards From Pamarthe is a series of art and micro-story postcards created to mark the project launch of The Last Edge. We plan to hand out some physical copies at Star Wars Celebration Europe 2023.

Image credit J.P. Mayner