Age Of Universe

Age Of Universe (3 times Age of Earth.)

The Christian Bible puts the creation of Earth on day one, making the age of Earth equal to the age of the universe. This is also found in the Quran however the universe is 6 days old while Earth is only 2 days old. Skeptics claim that whoever wrote the Quran made a copying mistake; putting age of Earth at 1/3 age of universe. Today cosmologists confirm that the universe is 3 times the age of Earth.

We know from Einstein that my clock and your clock will not run at the same rate. Time (or rate of our clocks) depends on acceleration and/or gravity. If my clock accelerates and/or is in a strong gravitational field then it will run slower than your clock.

Muslims believe that Paradise and Hell are both much bigger and much more massive than Earth (but still much smaller than God's Throne). The theory of general relativity says that time passes slower near an object more massive than Earth (clocks run slower in stronger gravitational fields). So according to general relativity time should pass in Paradise/Hell much slower than on Earth. This was known recently, however this was portrayed in the Quran 1400 years before it was discovered. In the Quran 1 day in Paradise/Hell measures a 1000 years on Earth.

Quran 22:47
They challenge you to bring forth that torture [in Hell] and Allah will not break His promise; a day of your Lord [Paradise/Hell] is like a thousand years of what you count.

٤٧ وَيَسْتَعْجِلُونَكَ بِالْعَذَابِ وَلَنْ يُخْلِفَ اللَّهُ وَعْدَهُ ۚ وَإِنَّ يَوْمًا عِنْدَ رَبِّكَ كَأَلْفِ سَنَةٍ مِمَّا تَعُدُّونَ

Here God promises those who do not believe in Hell and punishment that each day of their torture in Hell will measure a thousand years on Earth. So according to the Quran, time passes faster on Earth than in Paradise/Hell. But this agrees with the theory of general relativity which says that time passes slower near bigger mass. Paradise and Hell are much more massive than Earth and time should pass there much slower than on Earth.

Christians believe that God created the universe in 6 earthly days and rested on the 7th. Muslims believe that 6 days passed at God's Throne but we experienced 13.8 billion years on Earth. Muslims believe that God is not bound to His Throne; rather He created it and set it as a reference. The Quran says that God's Throne is even wider than the whole universe, so how about the mass of God's Throne? God's Throne is much more massive than Earth. Time should pass there much slower than on Earth.

Our solar system is 4.6 billion years old. Earth started accreting concurrently with the sun and our neighbouring planets 4.6 bln years ago. However the universe is 13.8 bln years old. This places the age of Earth at one third the age of the universe (4.6 bln/13.8 bln = 1/3). In the Quran God's Throne is used as a reference. In God's Throne time Earth is 2 days old while the Heavens, Earth and everything in between are 6 days old (2/6 = 1/3):

Quran 7:54
And your Lord, Allah, who created the Heavens and the Earth in six days and then settled on the Throne. [Allah] Covers the night with the day, asks for it persistently; and the sun and the moon and the stars enslaved by His orders. Is this not His creation and His command? Blessed be Allah the Lord of all the worlds.

٥٤ إِنَّ رَبَّكُمُ اللَّهُ الَّذِي خَلَقَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضَ فِي سِتَّةِ أَيَّامٍ ثُمَّ اسْتَوَىٰ عَلَى الْعَرْشِ يُغْشِي اللَّيْلَ النَّهَارَ يَطْلُبُهُ حَثِيثًا وَالشَّمْسَ وَالْقَمَرَ وَالنُّجُومَ مُسَخَّرَاتٍ بِأَمْرِهِ ۗ أَلَا لَهُ الْخَلْقُ وَالْأَمْرُ ۗ تَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ رَبُّ الْعَالَمِينَ