1: Far away through the dense fog

[Chapter title from the lyrics of Deja Vu by Dreamcatcher]

~

The sun had not yet risen itself. The streets were dark, the air stood still with the soft touch of blurry mist. Among the big trees and moving cars and sounds of birds chirping here and there, was walking a woman, a woman who was followed only by her own shadow; darkening and heavy. A woman whose eyes were swarthy, tired, along with an unclear glittering. Her muscles ached, her body screamed with want of meeting her bed, soft pillow and heavy, warm cover.

After a long night of dancing, turning and veering around a single pole, after hours of having to watch people's needy faces and hearing their cheers, after a such tiring period of yet another lap dances for men she didn't even know, Bora only wished to go to her daughter and pull her in for an embrace, to feel Gahyeon's little arms around her and to let herself be lost in them even just for a few seconds.

And that is what she was going to do the minute she opened the door and stepped inside her home.

"Guys? Gahyeon? Yoohyeon?" She screamed out for the girls to hear but soon regretted that decision because of the sudden pain she felt piercing in her head. Bora winced, softly closing the door behind her as she put down the handbag on the table.

"Yeah, Bora! We're in your room!" She heard Yoohyeon, her roommate, yell as she made her way towards the voice.

Now, Kim Yoohyeon, their roommate. She was a 19 years old college student, tall, blonde, goofy and clumsy. Bora could see how her daughter had a bond with her and she loved to see that, because she knew Gahyeon would be a little bit lonely without Yoohyeon sometimes. And not only Gahyeon but Bora would be, too. Even though Yoohyeon has loads of studies every day and doesn't seem to have too much time to spare, she still adored communication and sometimes, deep down, that was all Bora needed.

She soon found both of them sitting on the bed, Yoohyeon helping the kid with fastening her shirt, but she was not even finished when Gahyeon saw her mother and jerked out of the bed, sprinting towards her.

"Oh, hi baby." Bora chuckled as she came upon with her daughter fleeing into her arms. The brunette woman embraced the kid, closing her eyes and beaming when Gahyeon tugged back.

She had short raven hair that was wavy with a cute pink clips on it. Both ends of her mouth was naturally curled up, conveying a smiley expression. Gahyeon had honey-coloured eyes that twinkled under the light as she was glancing up at her mother with a slight grin.

Bora reciprocated the smile as she now took her exhausted, but already happier eyes to her roommate "Hi, Yooh. Did you guys already eat?"

The blonde girl stood up from the bed with a smile, greeting her roommate. "Yup, we ate toast with jam. But I had a trouble feeding your daughter, there. She didn't want to eat anything but chocolate." Yoohyeon spoke with a playful frown.

"Oh, come on! You were not supposed to say that!! Dummie" Gahyeon pouted at Yoohyeon, avoiding her mom's eyes.

Bora took her gaze towards her daughter playfully "Oh, did you now? " She tickled her and hearing her small giggles, she beamed and put her daughter down on the floor. "Alright, come on, or we will be late for school and it's your first day! let's make you lunch for school. Let me wash my hands, first."

"Oh, don't worry, I already made her a sandwich. Here, put this lunchbox in your bag and don't forget to eat it, okay?" Yoohyeon handed the little girl her lunchbox and a water bottle before helping her wear her coat.

"Okay, but I'm still mad at you for telling mom about chocolate!" Gahyeon tried to protest with her arms crossing in front of her chest, but the big warm coat interrupted her in doing just that.