prologue Ꮺ

millions of thoughts in her head, yet she tried to break that shell of hers which made her anxious. unfortunately, she couldn't. she was born with the talent, but she couldn't leash out and show her true self to anyone, until she found him.

after taking a deep breath, she walked towards the middle of the stage in the auditorium. there weren't many people present over there except the grumpy music teacher and the other students who wanted to audition but the spotlight was on her and there was no way she'd not be anxious. her fingers were shaking while she grabbed the microphone. she held the microphone close to her mouth and sang the first line of the song.

"i found a love... f-for me..."

but then she stopped. she couldn't continue. she couldn't swallow the lump that was formed in her throat. the music teacher, who went by mr. song, had an irritated expression on his face.
"if you can't sing, then don't waste my time-"
"i'll sing with her sir". another voice was heard. the student who was supposed to audition after her walked up to her and stood beside her. "hurry up, don't waste my time. finish the performance quickly", mr. song replied unenthusiastically.

and there he started the song. his voice was as sweet as honey, it felt as if he owned this one song. his facial expressions switched right when he started singing. she couldn't help but look at his eyes whilst he sang. after he was done with his verse, he nodded and she started singing the next verse. they maintained their eye contact, and he kept on nodding with assurance whenever her part came. the chorus was the best of the entire performance, both of their voices blending perfectly. their voices owned the song.

after the performance, mr. song clapped and so did the other students.
"okay so we finally got a duet. both of you are supposed to perform this very song in the musical. i hope that that wouldn't be a problem", mr. song said. both of them nodded in unison.

...

you might be wondering why he choose to sing with her even though he wasn't supposed to. well it was his friends who wanted him to take part in at least something for the musical. he was practically forced to participate. he wasn't even extremely enthusiastic about music in the first place. he surely heard plenty of songs but he didn't really think about singing, as a hobby or such.

but he definitely would prefer to sing with someone for emotional support, since he was singing on the stage for the very first time. that was when he heard the all too familiar song being sung by someone. whoever was singing the song, had a beautiful voice, but she looked afraid. as if she was about to have a mental breakdown.

hence he choose to be her messiah and help her out. and that's how, ladies and gentlemen, he got to know about this girl, whose voice was way too good to be hidden in the backstage.

after getting selected, they decided to practice together for their performance. both of them felt uneasy at the beginning, but soon they were comfortable with each other during practices. both of them enjoyed themselves while practicing. gladly, the musical went well and they got praised by their classmates and other students. and as time went by, he fell for her, and maybe she did fell for him too. who knows? maybe they'd get a chance to clarify themselves?

but little did he know that she'd be leaving him for god knows how many years. neither did she know how she much she helped him get on the musical path of his life.

hello everyone! this is your aUtHoR. idk how frequently i'd be updating this book but i'll try my best to keep on updating!
one more thing; im a high school student rn so if you find my book cringe (i find it cringe as well) then you are free to exit cuz idk where the story would actually go to lmaooo

anyways, this prologue is inspired by high school musical (2006) and honestly, idek why i chose hsm 💀💀 see you in next chapter!

please vote and comment cuz this is my first book 😔