the question... 🩸

it was bright and sunny out, the sun was out and the birds were chirping

it was bright and sunny out, the sun was out and the birds were chirping. both megumi and nobara were sitting on some concrete stairs, they both had semi somber looks on their faces.

the sound of boots colliding against the concrete ground could be heard getting closer and closer to where megumi and nobara were. "what's this?" maki voiced out as she looked at the two first-years.

"you're looking more glum than usual, megumi." maki had one hand on her hip, her other hand holding onto her sheathed polearm. her round glasses were replaced by rectangular glasses. "this a wake or something?"

"zen'in-senpai." megumi plainly spoke. "don't call me by my last name!" maki scolded the first-year. "maki! maki!" panda called out, his voice came out as a hushed whisper. "i'm talking here." maki glanced back, panda and toge were peeking out from a statue, y/n on the other hand was seated on the ground. the statue completely covered their body.

"y-you actually don't know why they're so down?" panda stumbled over his words a bit. "what are you talking about?" it was clear that maki was completely oblivious about the situation that happened with the first-years. "someone really did die yesterday!" panda had lots of sweat running down his fur.

"one of the first-year boys!"

"bonito flakes." maki now seemed rather nervous, sweat dripped down her face. "you should've told me sooner!" maki whisper shouted back at panda. "now i look like some heartless, cold-blooded demon!" maki pointed at them accusingly, she was full on shouting at them. "that's exactly how you came off."

"tuna and mayo." maki irked, the first-years watched the scene with blank looks on their faces. "who are those guys?" nobara turned to look at megumi. "our second-year upperclassman." megumi didn't even bother to look back at nobara.

"you have to be kinder to your underclassmen." maki had a very small blush on her face. "there's more to kindness than being soft on them.."

"zen'in-senpai is the best of all the students at wielding cursed tools. that's the cursed speech user, inumaki-senpai. he can only speak in ingredients of rice balls." panda had a blush on his face. "he's a bit softer when yuta's around, though."

"panda-senpai. there's two more, okkotsu-senpai, who's the only one i can openly respect, and y/n, they were supposed to be with them but i'm not sure where they are." maki pointed at the statue. "they're still upset about what happened today."

megumi slowly stood up and walked over to behind the statue, y/n was fiddling with their fingers, the smallest of pouts on their lips. "what happened?" y/n didn't answer. "we went out to eat today, the guy at the front asked y/n a question and they didn't know how to answer so they panicked." panda explained the situation.