Chapter 3 ( 5 more years later)

April twirled around in the meadow by the woods. Her long brown hair, flowing in the cool Autumn breeze. The leaves, were crisp gold, bright orange, and coffee brown. The leaves, every now and then, would fall upon her silky hair. She hummed to herself, doing a cartwheel.

A few kids, just a little older than she, wandered the woods. The 2 boys pretended to fight with sticks, which they pretended were swords. A girl with auburn hair sat on a rock, a few feet away from them, watching a fawn take it's first steps.

It seemed as if, everyone was happy. In the meadow sat a girl with brown hair. The girl, no older than April, was all alone, picking flowers. April glided towards the girl.

" Hello, I'm April! You are?" April said to the girl, happily.

" I'm Reiley." The girl said.

" I haven't seen you around here before. If I may ask, are you new?" April wondered aloud.

Reiley hesitated for a moment, then answered. " My family just moved here from Australia." She replied.

April thought she heard an accent of some sort. Now she knew, she was Australian. Her tan skin was like coffee. Reiley had a spark in her pale blue eyes, April hadn't seen before.
" Well, nice to meet you!" She paused, remembering how lonely she had looked before, " I don't have many friends, will you be one?", April asked.

Reiley's blue orbs lit up, full of excitement. " Of course!- I mean sure." Reiley said trying to hide her excitement, but unfortunately failing.

" The 1970's were a project meant for failure!!!" April yells all of a sudden.

" Yes, yes it was!!!!"Reiley screamed.

- April's p.o.v -

I'm so glad I have a friend! Maybe, she can come over! Her mom was walking over. " Mom, this is April!" She paused. " she's my FRIEND!!" She yelled the last part. I wanted to make a good first impression. I curtsied. " Hello, I'm April." I said, smiling at the woman.