{2} Updated

The strips of light that leaked through the gaps in the thick linen curtains splayed across the room and over the eyelids of the pair draped across the small sofa. Wincing at the change in brightness, Hermione slowly sat up and assessed her surroundings.

"Ronald, wake up! We fell asleep." A soft whine emitted from the boy in response as he tried to hide himself from the rising sun. Closing her fingers around a book that had been left on the table overnight, a swift thwack to the head had Ron up and alert. Rubbing his head and turning away from Hermione in defence caused his eyes to fall on the plate laden with food still sat on the table, the preservation charm long worn off.

"Maybe she just didn't notice it?" Hermione spoke wistfully, rising from her place and darting up the set of stairs to the girl's dorm room. Ron waited expectantly, watching as Hermione emerged seconds later, looking solemn. She shook her head, causing Ron to sink back into the sofa cushions, slightly defeated.

"Get Harry. We're going to find her." Hermione disappeared into the dorm room once again, leaving Ron sat in the common room with nothing but the soft tick of the clock filling the silence of the early Saturday morning.

~

Having changed out of last nights crumpled attire, Ron and Hermione scoured the empty halls as Harry trailed behind them.

"Isn't she going to yours for Christmas?" Hermione inquired, turning to Ron as they walked. The hallway was quiet albeit the few footsteps of early risers heading towards the Great Hall for breakfast before leaving later in the week for the Christmas holidays.

"Yeah. Mum will go psycho if I don't bring her back with me," Ron reflects as fear flashes across his face. Hermione narrows her eyes at the boy beside her.

"Uh, and because I'm worried about her too." A curt nod from Hermione draws the hallway back into silence as the trio hurry down the hallway, poking their heads into every doorway and corner they come across in hopes of finding some clue as to where you have been for the last.

"This would be a really convenient time to bring out that map of yours, Harry," Hermione noted, as she turned to the boy trailing behind her. He paused for a second, his footsteps faltering.

"I kind of leant it to Fred and George so they could torment Umbridge..." Harry's hand scratched the back of his neck as he tried to avoid eye contact with the two friends in front of him. Hermione turned away from him in a huff and proceeded down the corridor, leaving Ron and Harry standing in the empty chamber.

"Mate, you really aren't coming across like you want to find her." Harry's fists clenched slightly as his best friend took Hermione's side.

"This has been going on for months, Ron. Aren't you getting a bit tired too of her uprooting our lives just to look for her?" Catching himself before he could do any more than take a step towards, Ron glared at Harry, stopping him from saying anymore.

"She's meant to be one of your best friends." Ron turned tail and hurried after Hermione before Harry could retort, leaving him alone. The corridor fell quiet as the footsteps of his friends faded into the distance. The early morning light barely reached his torso through the window, the golden rays highlighting the empty floor and the flickering candles adorning the walls.

"Alone again, Potter?" a voice spat from behind him. Low and behold, Draco Malfoy emerged from the shadows, smirking at the figure in front of him.

"Go away, Draco," Harry spun around to look at the silver haired character before him.

"Where have your friends run off to this time? Finally realised you're a piece of trash?" Finding it hard to hold himself back from gripping his wand, Harry shoved his hands into his pockets.

"They're looking for Y/N, Malfoy. Not that you care. You're probably the reason she's disappeared again, reminding her of You-Know-Who all the time." Harry's feet swivelled along the cobblestone floor to turn away from Draco, starting down the corridor after his friends.

"What do you mean disappeared, Potter?"

"Exactly what it sounds like. No one can find her. Again."