Chapter 1: Determined

A Quick Author's Note: Go easy on me, as this is my first work of fan-fiction. My goal for my first awful work of Jonnor fan-fiction is for it to be enjoyable enough to ruin everyone's life.

Song I listened while writing the first chapter is: The Shins- Simple Song. Obviously, I don't own it. The Shins do. Kind of old, but a great song nonetheless. You should listen to it as you read.

-----------

Jude's POV

My phone vibrated in my pocket. I pulled it out to find that it was a text from Taylor. Our text conversation went like this:

Taylor-Hi

Me-How is he?

Connor-Im fine

C-It's me

I was a bit confused at Taylor's reply until I came to a realization,:

M-Connor?

C-Yup

C-Taylor gave me hr phone

M- Hows yr foot?

C-hurts like a bitch

I took a moment to process what I was going to say next,:

M- Y did you tell your dad it was my idea to sneak out?

C-What? I didnt

I was a bit shocked at this reply,:

M- Really? R U okay?

C- I told my dad Im gay

My heart skipped a beat, and I smiled to myself, thinking about what to say. As happy as I was with him actually finding himself. I didn't know what to reply with, but sufficed with a simple,:

M-Wow, I want to come see you, but yr dad wont let me.

C- I know, it sux. Maybe I can see U in school when I go back.

The conversation ended there, leading me to believe that Taylor must've had to leave.

The next morning, as I was preparing to face the day, I came across Mariana's blue nail polish. The very same nail polish that had lead to Connor and I becoming best friends and...more than that? As I painted my nails, I decided that I was going to see him, and there was nothing that Adam Stevens could do to stop me.

As I stepped out of the visitor's elevator, I put on a look of determination. I walked down the hallway towards the reception desk.

"Excuse me," I said, "I'm looking for Connor Stevens' room."

"And you are?" the lady sitting behind the counter said.

"His cousin" I lied. I had a higher chance of being able to visit him, if I told her I was a family member.

"325, down the hall" she smiled. I walked down the hall only to find Adam leaving Connor's room. One thing leads to another, and eventually Mama shows up and Adam walks off giving Mama some time to talk to me.

I break down, telling her everything that has happened between Connor and I. I tell her about our kisses, the movie theater, and she comes to her own conclusion that we are more than just friends.

Adam returns, and after a quiet talk with Mama, he lets me visit Connor.