epigraph & author's note.

"No one can tell what goes on in between the person you were and the person you become. No one can chart that blue and lonely section of hell. There are no maps of the change. You just come out the other side.
Or you don't."
— Stephen King, The Stand

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
— Revelations 6:8, King James Bible

Jordan, a scavenger and one of the few humans to remain after a biblical apocalypse, will do anything to survive the badlands of the midwest — even team up with a Fallen Angel.

The end of the world has come and gone. And Earth, the battleground between Heaven and Hell, is a wasteland, where the remnants of humanity attempt to scrape out an existence. Creatures from myth roam the land, and the only thing more dangerous than meeting a demon on the road is meeting an angel.

Jordan is a lone wayfarer, traveling between ruined cities, hunting and scavenging what he needs to survive. It's a hard life, but it's the only one he knows. He barely remembers life before the end, before the demons rose up and the angels descended and started killing everything.

When he meets Khaeris, the first non-human he's ever come across who doesn't try to kill him on sight, Jordan discovers a heritage he never dreamed of, powers he never imagined to be his — and more enemies than he ever realized existed.

Content Notes/Warnings: Religious blasphemy, violence, gore, dom/sub relationship, mature sexual situations, & mentions of cannibalism. More may be added.

➢