Prologue

“Reana Go,hide somewhere, don't come out until it's safe.” as I try to look for an escape, I was shoved into a hidden trap door and the voice warned me, “Don't come out until I say so.”

I desperately try to grip his arm, telling him to hide with me even though there wasn't enough space because I knew what was about to happen after, but just like every other time, I could not speak nor move as I watch him close the door.

I tried to peep through the small hole in the door and my breathing grew heavier as I watch the scene unfold before me.

I tried to scream, shout for help but deep down I knew, no one was coming.

I tried to push open the door but it was jammed from the outside and just then, a gun shot was heard and all I could see was darkness all around me.....

“All passengers prepare for landing.”

I woke with a start and felt someone tapping my arm.

“You ok sweetie?” the lady besides me ask with concern.

I stare at her, trying to make out her face before nodding slowly, “Here, it helps” she says, handing me a chocolate bar. Smiling I thank her before taking the bar and slowly chewing on it.

I try to focus on the taste instead of the dream I just had, it felt so real that I thought I was actually back there again and not here.

It was not a dream and you know it! Whispered the little voice in my head.

‘Take a deep breath and count to five.’ I repeat my Psychologist words in my head.

The moment the plane landed, I quickly took my bags and got off the plane, ignoring the weird looks from the passengers.

I look around and took a deep breath in, “You can do this, let go of what happened.”

I stood somewhere unnoticeable and started to search for my parents

I stood somewhere unnoticeable and started to search for my parents. I sigh as I spot my dad's secretary Mr. Bryson, awkwardly holding a sign which read, “Welcome back” I choose to ignore the next words which read, “prodigal daughter”. I rolled my eyes at my sister's maturity.

I make my way towards him and greeted him, “Hi Uncle Bryson.”

“Good Heavens, Miss Everett, I almost didn't recognise you. You've changed a lot since the last time I saw you. ”

Blushing I reach up to touch my hair, I had cut more than half of it on impulse but I felt free after that.

“Your mother wanted me to inform you that she and your father were unable to come because they were called to see the lawyers again. ”

“Again? Isn't this the fourth time? Can't he read what's clearly written there?” I was livid at this news.

Stupid lawyers

I angrily shoved my bags before getting in and as Uncle Bryson started the car, he offers me a sympathetic glance saying, “I understand your frustration Miss but there's a certain procedure that is needed to be done before handling it over given the circumstances.”

I took a sharp intake of breath before relaxing.

“My apologies Miss, you should get some rest as it was a long tiresome journey.”

Sighing I close my eyes knowing that he was not only talking about my flight.

I had come here to forget my nightmares but it still continued to follow and haunt me with its fragments of memories of that day.