Her worries

--Akanksha–

It's been 3 days. 3 freaking days since Jai left to have a talk with Deshmukh. He neither called nor messaged and his phone is not reachable. With each passing second my nervousness picked up and they were about to burst out at any moment. 

I tried calling him many times but couldn't connect to him. I wonder what's happening!!! I kept on pacing around the house for the past 3 days. I even stopped going to my work and my phone kept on ringing from my seniors. I royally ignored them. Hell with work, my life is on the thread here. 

I wonder what's happening with Jai. Had he spoken with Advika's father? How did he react? Why hadn't Jai contacted me yet? What is he waiting for? He always keeps me in the loop regarding everything. Then why now? Why has he gone missing? It's been 3 goddamn days! Jai has never gone without contacting me for these many days.

Unable to bear anymore of my running thoughts, I walked up to Bhai, who is sitting on the coach in the living room and watching TV.

"Bhai!" I called him.

He sighed and didn't even turn towards me, "No Akki! I'm not going there."

"Why?" I cried out.

He now turned towards me and scowled, "What do you mean why?"

I raised a brow at him. 

He rolled his eyes, "Akki! He is currently staying at Deshmukh's house. Do you expect me to go on a rampage there?"

I gritted my teeth, "Not that. At least just go and meet Jai. I can't understand what's happening!!"

"Akki! I'm saying it again! He is at Deshmukh's house. Not only him, Jai's Father, Neeraj and also Mr. Harsh Mehra is also there. And Mr. Raghuram Dixit is coming in and out of the house. And uncountable guards are surrounding the house. 24 hrs straight. Do you expect me to go there in the middle of these?"

"Umm.. err.. I'm…. I'm worried. What if Jai spoke about us to them? They might ….."

Bhai cut me off, "Akki! I don't think it's about you guys. There is something else going on. I just guess."

"What if it's not!" I cried out, "What if it's about us? What if his family held him captive?"

My Bhai scowled, "You're watching too many dramas!"

"Bhai!" I roared at him. This is not a silly matter dammit! 

"Akki! He is with his family! And even if the matter is regarding you, I don't think his own father will harm him. And coming to Deshmukh… he might be a ruthless businessman but he is not cruel enough to harm his own son-in-law."

I winced at the word son-in-law. I hate that. Jai belongs to my family. Not to others!

"What? That's the truth. It's better if you at least realise that now."

Well, good thing that I want to. And now it's useless to speak with my Bhai. He won't go and check on Jai. He won't even let me go. But I'm worried about Jai. Something is really happening. But what is it? I kept on pacing and pacing around my house like a mad person and my Bhai kept on scolding me that I'm disturbing him. Serves him right! 

Finally, on the fourth night, when I was pacing on our terrace, I found Jai. Stumbling into our house. 

"Bhai!" Screaming for him, I raced down and walked out of the main door with Bhai following me. 

Wobbling on his legs, Jai managed to walk up to our main door. I immediately caught him and the strong odour of alcohol hit my nose, making me gag.

I tried to hold him but his weight made it hard and he fell to the ground. Bhai finally caught him and managed to pull him up and dragged him into the house.