Chapter 3: Friend or Woe

Wednesday's Pov

Let's assess, shall we? Bag over my head for optimal disorientation, wrists tied tight enough to cut off circulation, and no idea if I'm going to live or die. It's definitely my kind of party. I thought.

Then the bag over my head was removed, and I saw five people dress in long purple cloak with hoods over their heads, and they were also wearing masquerade masks on their faces.

"Who dares breach our inner sanctum?" A mysterious voice called out.

"You can take the mask off, Bianca." I said.

And just like that, my hopes were dashed against the rocks of bitter disappointment. My foe was no psychotic killer.It's more like a bunch of high school clowns.

Wait, I preferred you with it on. I said as Bianca glared at me.

"How did you get down here?" Xavier asked.

"Rowan showed me left pocket." I said, and then Xavier reached in my left pocket and pulled out the toren page.

"I tracked the watermark to the Poe statue, and then I solved the riddle." I explained.

"Wait, there's a riddle? I thought we just snapped twice." Ken said.

"Well, aren't you the brightest in the bunch?" I stated.

"The Nightshades are an elite social club emphasis on elite." Bianca said.

"We have roof parties, campouts, the occasional midnight skinny dip." Yoko replied.

"And Yoko's an amateur mixologist." Divina added.

"She makes a killer virgin mojito. It can get pretty wild." Ajax said.

"Wow. Do you guys even have a bedtime? Last I heard, the Nightshades had been disbanded." I replied.

"Yeah, the group kind of lost its charter 30 years ago after some normie kid died." Xavier said.

"But we have a lot of wealthy alumni, so Weems looks the other way as long as nobody makes any waves." Yoko said.

"Someone like Rowan?" I asked.

"We booted that loser last semester. The question is, what are we gonna do with her? Only members are allowed in this library." Bianca replied.

The room was drowned in silence again. Not a single soul could come up with an answer until...

"I said you let her go, or I will unleash my wrath upon thee." A chilling voice called out.

We looked and saw Vladislav descend down the stairs he was dressed in his normal attire.

"How does he know about the library who told the half breed?" Bianca asked as she restrained her anger.

"Bianca dear stress only leads to gray hair and wrinkles so you may want to calm down and as for how I know about the library it's simple a little gorgon wanted to know some information on one particular werewolf." Vlad answered.

Bianca and the others turned to Ajax as an awkward laugh escaped from his lips. "Listen, guys, I'm trying to get a girlfriend."

"Let the boy be with the girl he loves as the old saying goes, the luckiest man on the earth is the one who finds true love and as for the little princess I will be taking her with me." Vlad said.

"Use the words little and princess again. A stake will find its way to your heart." I retorted as Vlad just smiled at me.

Every time I threaten him with bodily harm and try to scare him off, he seems to be entertained by it.