Chapter Thirty

Alya opened her eyes and sat up, letting out a groan. "Looks like I came at the right time." She turned, her eyes wide, finding the flaming orange haired male standing there. "My name is Ember, I brought you some water!" He slid a bowl through the hole, Alya staring suspiciously at it. "I didn't do anything to it, I swear"Ember smiled. "You threw me down a hill!!"Alya spat. "And you rammed into me, we're even"Ember says. "I hit my head on a rock"Alya snarled. "I was supposed to kick you off a cliff, but I had to settle for the hill with the rocks at the bottom because you attacked me"Ember shrugged. "Why am I here"Alya demands. "So Adaman can find you, I left my footprints for him to follow, I hope they weren't washed away by the rain"Ember responds.

"I don't think you should've done that"Alya grinned amused. "And..Why's that?"Ember asys nervously. "There are a few things that can made Adaman snap, with me being one of those things, you better hope he does steal your limbs and hang you over a cliff until someone saves you, but that'd probably be a while since you'd be gagged, unable to call for help"Alya informs her eyes glinting, hoping he'd take the bait. Ember trembled in alarm, his eyes wide. "If you wanna avoid this, all you gotta do is let me go"Alya continues slowly. "I can't, Fea would kill me!"Ember gasps. Alya froze, then backed away, her eyes wide. "What?"Ember asks. A fist flew out of the air, punching Ember right in the back, knocking him right into the wall. "Found you"Adaman mutters.

"Wait, wait!"Ember yelled waving his hands. "Adaman, leave him"Alya orders. Adaman looked at her, Ember trembling in the corner. "Ember saved my life, Adaman, you owe him one, and he can't go home since I'm alive"Alya says. "What are you suggesting"Adaman asks. Alya backed away, Honckrow using wing attack to free her. She stepped out, walking over. "He should come with us"Alya suggests. Adaman looked sharply at Ember, causing the boy to tremble. "How old are you"Adaman demands. "Twelve..."Ember replied. "You're big for a twelve year old..."Adaman snorted. "Adaman...he's just a boy..a child..what if this was one of ours..."Alya scolded. Adaman stopped, his fury vanishing. "Fine, he can come with us"Adaman sighs.

Ember flinched, Alya stepping closer. "Sorry for ramming into you like that"Alya smiled. "Oh...I'm uh, sorry for throwing you..."Ember says. "And?"Alya demands raising a brow. "Making you hit your head on a rock"Ember mutters. "And"Alya frowned. "Tricking you, trapping you in a cave and bounding Eddie up"Ember mutters. "Good"Alya chuckled smiling down at him. "You're both alright!"Irida smiled. Alya smiled as Irida and Palina hugged her. "What happened with the Luxray attack?"Alya asks concerned. "Turns out it was Fea's plan, she really is conniving, the Eclipse clan has her chained up now, they're gonna decide a new leader, they want us to be there"Irida informs. "Then I gotta go free Fea"Ember sighed. "You don't have to"Alya says stepping closer to him looking worried.

"Fea took care of me when nobody did, not even my own mother wanted anything to do with me...and she'll haunt me in my nightmares if I don't"Ember sighed. "Wait first, where's Eddie"Adaman asks. "Here!" Eddie walked over, his hair and clothes soaking wet. Adaman laughed and hugged him, relief flooding through the two. "Glad you're okay, bro"Eddie grinned. "Don't call me that, I thought you'd be gone by now!"Adaman says. "Gina saved my life! She was gonna drown me but she suddenly let me go and hopes she sees me soon"Eddie says. "I think my sister has a crush on you"Alya snorted. "R-Really! Me, of all people, me?!"Eddie gasped. "Alya chose this guy, it's possible someone would go for Adamans best friend"Irida snorted.

"HEY!!" Adaman and Eddie looked at Irida in disbelief, then looked at each other before chuckling. "Lets go"Ember sighed rubbing his hands together. Alya perked up, Adaman pressing a kiss to her cheek. "You love giving me heart attacks, and what was he talking about, when he said you rammed into him?"Adaman questions Alya smiling at him. Alya stopped, touching her head, before falling backwards. "ALYA?!"Adaman yells. "My head and stomach hurt"Alya mutters. Ember stared at her, looking fearful, his hands trembling. Eddie gently pressed his thumb to Alyas stomach, narrowing his eyes as he checked her. "She's fine, so is the baby, looks like luck is on your side"Eddie smiled. He stared at Adaman, making a small gesture.

"STOP SCARING US LIKE THAT!"Irida scolded as the two stepped away. "Alyas body is fragile now Adaman"Eddie mutters keeping his voice low. "How fragile"Adaman asks hesitantly. Eddie glanced away, Adamans eyes widening. "I'm sorry, should we tell her"Eddie asks placing a hand on Adamans arm. "No, she's..she'll choose the baby over herself anyway, I hate how sacrificing she is"Adaman mutters his gaze turning cold for a moment. "Hey, you know I'm here for you and there's a twenty percent chance she'll survive...if not, I got your back"Eddie smiled giving Adaman a reassuring look. "...thanks, I needed that reassurance"Adaman sighed looking away. Eddie stared at his friend worriedly, feeling his distant Adaman was starting to get.

Ember walked into the Eclipse Clan, a few throwing him hostile looks already knowing what he was gonna do. He entered the cave, glancing back at the others as he walked up the stone path. "Ember, I knew you'd come"Fea smiled relieved. Fea froze, staring as Adaman and Alya walked into view. "I thought you got rid of her"Fea growled. "Nope, disappointed I see"Ember shrugged unbothered by the glare thrown his way. He turned and walked back down the path. "WHERE ARE YOU GOING, EMBER?!"Fea shouts angrily. "Out. Who said I was really gonna free you, I brought these two here to provoke you and show you that as long as I'm here, ypu won't touch them"Ember says. "I like this kid"Adaman grinned looking impressed.

Ember walked away, the two following behind him, leaving behind a furious Fea. "You didn't free her?!" Ember nodded, several of his clan members looking startled. "I think Ember should be the new leader"Adaman votes raising his hand. Alya smiled, raising her hand as well. "Ember has guts, I think he'd be a good leader as well"Irida agreed raising her hand. Palina and Iscan raised their hands next, Mai and Melli following in suit with Arezu. "Very well, Ember is the new leader!" Ember backed away alarmed, then shut his eyes tight, as purple paste was placed on his cheeks and forehead. Cheers followed, Akya leaning against Adaman, wide smiles on their faces as they cheered Ember on. Ember smiled, looking flustered. "I'll do my best and restore the peace between us all"Ember swears.